PDA

View Full Version : WOAH, Farcry developers under investigation.

Helanic Frost
06-14-04, 06:38 PM
http://www.*********.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=863

Not sure how true it is or if anything was found but if it is true i'm shocked.

kahloq
06-14-04, 06:43 PM
Hmmmm if this is true and they get legal action taken against them, say goodbye to any future updates to FarCry. Better get your copy now if you want one.

Helanic Frost
06-14-04, 06:48 PM
I just hope the SM 3.0 patch goes live before anything happens. Really want to see the 6800 in action using all it's features.

spanker
06-14-04, 06:50 PM
i guess you did't look at the date, thats 4 months old

statement from crytek

Coburg (Bavaria, Germany), 04.Februar 2004

Today at 9.00 am, there was a raid at Crytek's offices in Coburg, Germany. Due to an alleged claim of a disgruntled ex-intern, Crytek┬┤s office complex was investigated for using more copies of a software brand with the incorrect number of licenses purchased.

The management of Crytek is grateful for the diligence of the German Police Department concerning protected software and fully cooperated in every way. As a software developer, Crytek is always interested in properly obtaining and utilizing third party software. Development of the eagerly awaited Far Cry was only delayed for three hours while police cleared the matter with Crytek and it's management staff.

Despite false allegations that have appeared in various media and forums, no inventory or personnel were affected in any way. Crytek would like to assure its fans that completion of Far Cry remains on track.

DivotMaker
06-14-04, 06:52 PM
i guess you did't look at the date, thats 4 months old

LOL....

Helanic Frost
06-14-04, 06:52 PM
LOL, wow didn't know it was about being accused of using pirated development software!

That's funny as hell!

Glad it's cleared up, can't beleive that even made headlines hehe.

jAkUp
06-14-04, 06:53 PM
Lol i remember this from a long time ago.. the game still came out, and everything was fine.

Supposly UBI bailed them out by paying the fines, considering how well the game sold, Im pretty sure they are glad they did.

kahloq
06-14-04, 07:03 PM
(kngt) I didnt see the date either LOL :bash:

SH64
06-14-04, 07:59 PM
Old news :ORDER:

trolane
06-14-04, 08:30 PM
lol, how else you gonna make software unless you use pirated stuff ?
things just too damn expensive until you have real revenue incomming.