PDA

View Full Version : WTB vid card

traak
06-16-04, 09:36 PM
My Asus Ti4200 just went bad. The fan started making horrible noises after about 3 months then just quit. I replaced it with a new fan and after another few months I think she just had it. I can surf the net pretty easy without many issues but playing games (Daoc, EQ) is another problem. All tests show the card is good but after a few mins of being online, the graphics break up and constant lock ups. Did the different drivers (along with program to clean out Nvida files left over after deleting) and the only real way to know if my card is truely bad is to purchase a new one (or old one)

Now to the points of the post :) I would like to get something better than the Ti4200 for MMORPGs that I am currentlly using but I really cant afford much more than $150 to "try" and see if the problem is with my card. The other reason for the limit is sometime down the line I would like to upgrade to the 6800 for EQ2 later this year..

If anyone can help me please let me know..I have Paypal account or we can do private auction on Ebay or whatever you like..just need one soon :)

saturnotaku
06-16-04, 09:43 PM
I have a BFG GeForce FX 5700 Ultra I'd be willing to sell you for $110 shipped. Please PM if interested.

Clay
06-16-04, 11:16 PM
I'm looking to sell soon. I have a BFG Tech 5900Ultra that I'm looking to sell. I'll take $175 for it. This is the same card that I reviewed here (http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/bfg_geforce_fx_5900_ultra/page_8.shtml) last August.

EDIT: sorry, typo

randsom
06-17-04, 07:09 AM
ill have a 9800 pro 128 meg card, thats being replaced by 6800 gt, i could let it go 160 shipped, only catch is its going to be the first of july befor my gt shows up.

ragejg
06-17-04, 10:10 AM
I have a 9700 with a Pro BIOS that runs @ Pro speeds that I'm willing to part with for $135 shipped.

:)