PDA

View Full Version : I may have an X800XT-PE for sale.

Mike89
06-17-04, 11:25 PM
OK, it's like this.

I had the X800XT-PE pre-ordered at Bestbuy since 5/11/04. I didn't know exactly when it was going to get here and I got impatient and ordered another one from CompUSA from Steve because it was in stock at the time. I figured I would get the one from Steve first and then just cancel the one at Bestbuy.

Well as it turned out, the one from Steve took a couple of days longer to ship than I figured and in the meantime, I get an email from BestBuy saying the pre-ordered one was shipped to me.

So now I got two coming in next week. I'm now debating what I'm going to do. I just don't need them both. I'm going to give my son first shot at it, he's in the Army in Germany. I know he's going to get the top vid card but I think he had planned on getting the 6800 Ultra. I'm going to ask him if he wants to buy the X800XT-PE from me instead. If he want's it, then that takes care of the problem.

If he doesn't then my option is either to sell it or to send it back. If anyone is interested, PM me or post here. I am not out to make any money on it, just to break even ($536.00 is what I paid for it with tax). I figure there is someone out there who might want this card. Duh!

Of course it would still be in the box and I would not open it. The only problem would be how to arrange the sale. That's the hard part. I'm not going to ship the card to someone without having the money and I know that someone is not going to want to part with the money without having the card. So I know that's going to be the problem. I've never sold anything through Ebay (bought a couple of things) but maybe they have a set up where both sides would be comfortable with the deal.

If anyone is interested and/or has ideas on how it could be done, let me know. It's no big deal to me either way. Sending it back is just as easy as selling it but I figured I'd post this in case someone wants this card since it still isn't widely available yet.

I guess it would be cool if someone wanted it that lives fairly close to me in central California. Then they could just drive to my house and check it out.

saturnotaku
06-17-04, 11:41 PM
Why not just return the card to a Best Buy store? I've done that with several BB.com orders. Every local store I've tried has taken my stuff back with no hassle.

Mike89
06-17-04, 11:47 PM
As I said, it's no big deal for me to return the card. I could do as you say (I'd have to drive about 35 miles) or just send it back through Fedex. Steve at CompUSA knows my situation (I even tried to cancel with him when I knew the BestBuy one had shipped but he had already shipped it too) and he would even send me a prepaid sticker to send it back to him if I didn't want it (as long as I don't open it). So I'm not going to lose either way I go.

I just posted this in case someone might want it.

Hell, I'm as stoked as a pig on a stick cause I know I'll have my dream card in my computer no later than Tuesday. I figure someone else might want to be stoked too. :clap:

Mike89
06-19-04, 01:40 AM
Talked to my son in Germany and he definitely wants the card. He said to me, "are you kiddin me, hell ya I'll take it". He had been thinking of getting the 6800 Ultra but he said the more he read about it, the more he disliked it. The size and power requirements ended up blowing it out of the water for him and he said he thought the card was an accident waiting to happen, too big, too power hungry, too complex. He wasn't happy with Nvidia's direction. I then popped in with my offer and he said this was too good to be true. He's as excited as much now about getting it as I am about getting mine. So it all worked out for the best.