PDA

View Full Version : poor nvidea fx 5600

paco
06-18-04, 06:28 PM
I have a problem with my video card nvidea fx 5600, in quake3 just I can have 85 fps I have tried to make a tweak with riva tuner, but my fps they continue equally
I thank to the one that I can help to have more fps in q3 with this video card thank you
:drooling: :drooling: :drooling:

saturnotaku
06-18-04, 06:30 PM
Well, the FX5600 is an underpowered video card to begin with. But if your frame rate is constant, you probably have vertical sync on (vsync). You can turn it off through the NVIDIA driver control panel or through RivaTuner.

ChrisRay
06-18-04, 06:30 PM
a 5600 can still Run Quake 3 like @ 180 + FPS.

Its definately VSync.

Disable it in the control Panel.

paco
06-18-04, 06:42 PM
my setting are: antialiasing setting OFF,anisotropic fitering appication-controlled,image setting quality,vertical sync OFF,force mipmaps NONE,conformant texture clamp OFF,extension limit OFF,hadware acceleration SINGLE-DISPALY MODE . Well thx enyway and i hope yopu can help me thx

Helanic Frost
06-18-04, 07:33 PM
Can i ask why you want it to go over 85 fps for? That's more than sufficient by playability standards.

Moot
06-19-04, 12:51 PM
I'm guessing that you have opened the console and typed /cg_drawfps 1, and are looking at the frame rate counter in the top corner of the screen rather than doing a timedemo benchmark. It this case the FPS are capped by the game. To raze the cap type /com_maxfps # in the console. eg /com_maxfps 125 would set the max fps cap to 125.... Also why would we want more than 85 fps? Well some would argue it's smoother, but that would be a hard thing prove so I’m not even going to go there. Although there still is a good reason for wanting higher fps. I found that 125 was the best place to cap your frame rate. With a 125 fps cap you can jump higher and farther than you normally would be able to. Which allows do things like getting the mega health in q3dm13, just by jumping to it. Rather than going around. Giving you an edge in the game. This works for on-line play as well as single player.

CaptNKILL
06-19-04, 08:06 PM
I havent played Q3 in over 2 years, but i remember an option in the game options screen called "Sync every frame" or something like that. That enables Vsync in the game. Make sure its off.

Theres also a console command I remember in Medal of Honor (a Quake 3 engine game) that had the same effect. r_swapinterval is it i think, but i cant remember for sure, its been over 2 years since ive used the command. Type either /r_swapinterval 1 or /r_swapinterval 0 to get rid of vsync (cant remember which one gets rid of it).