PDA

View Full Version : Asus V9999 Gamer Edition

anzak
06-18-04, 06:54 PM
When in comes the 6800 it doesn't get any better than this (http://www.beareyes.com.cn/2/lib/200406/11/20040611211.htm)

Geforce 6800 (12 pipes)
256MB GDDR3
350Mhz core
1Ghz memory
6800 Ultra PCB

Just canceled my eVGA order because of this. My guess on the price, $330.

Pandora's Box
06-18-04, 06:57 PM
ugly imo. stupid led light. two molex connectors for a core speed of 350mhz? WTF?

Ruined
06-18-04, 06:58 PM
I hate to tell ya but that looks like its gonna be mad expensive, I'm guessing 6800GT range. It comes with a webcam even.

saturnotaku
06-18-04, 07:09 PM
Asus cards typically carry a much larger price premium over their counterparts. My guess on the price for this would be more in the neighborhood of $399. I'd rather have a 6800GT with only one molex and none of the other fancy peripherals and other cr@p that's bundled with this one.

Nandro
06-18-04, 07:13 PM
Wouldnt the second molex be beneficial for overclocking thou? I would like the GT also, but because I plan to do extreme cooling with Pelts, I am getting the Ultra with the second molex.

saturnotaku
06-18-04, 07:18 PM
Wouldnt the second molex be beneficial for overclocking thou?

Most likely, but I'd still rather have the GT's 4 extra pipelines.

Bad_Boy
06-18-04, 07:23 PM
i want to see the ULTRA of this card. it looks pimp, but the regular 6800 dont have the stats that i desire ;)

Helanic Frost
06-18-04, 07:23 PM
I really don't like asus cards. They always command a premium price and about all they really offer vs. the competition is a package of old games i either already have or don't want. The only other card maker besides BFG i'd even consider is Gainward. The only saving grace i see there is for a 6800 vanilla it does have a superior cooling solution and the 2 molex connectors offer more overclocking potential. Like what was stated anything over 299.99 and you might as well be buying a GT from any other vendor because you are being limited by the 12 pipes, even if it overclocks well it still won't reach GT performance.

Nandro
06-18-04, 08:50 PM
I meant to say I would like to have the second molex on the GT for overclocking as an option to use if I wanted to. Maybe some vendors will provide this or there will be a mod to add one.

anzak
06-18-04, 11:15 PM
Well if it's even close to the GT's $400 then it's not worth the money.

Moot
06-19-04, 01:00 PM
I’m so disappointed to see this. I was planning to get this card. The last 2 cards I have had were an ASUS Geforce 3 Ti 200, and ASUS Geforce 4 Ti 4200. I liked the ASUS cards because they were plane Jane and practical. Just a yellow PCB, and a fan that works, not much else. The game bundle and price was a little much, but now it’s only gotten worse. Plus it comes with a F’n web cam? I just bought a $ 100 black web cam what do I need another one for? Also the lights are cheesy unless they can be easily turned off. Some how I really doubt they can be.

Bad_Boy
06-19-04, 01:21 PM
you dont like it because its not plane jane ugly? because it comes with more games? because it comes with a free webcam?

if you dont want extras buy the oem version. if you dont like the light, im sure theres plenty of other 6800's to choose from.

kmf
06-19-04, 01:30 PM
would there not be an oem version of any given card?

saturnotaku
06-19-04, 01:32 PM
would there not be an oem version of any given card?

Not always. Actually, I don't know of any recent NVIDIA card that's available as an OEM. :confused:

Moot
06-19-04, 04:04 PM
you dont like it because its not plane jane ugly? .
The blue color of the board, and the silver heat sink look nice. I just don't like the blue lights they put in the fan. When I'm trying to sleep at night I don't want my computer to act like a night light, bathing the room in this blue glow. If I bought this card the first thing I would do is remove the lights

because it comes with more games? because it comes with a free webcam?
Games I will never want or play. Also I already have a web cam. Why would I want to be forced in to buying another one with a video card. This "Free stuff" increases the price of the card. Nothing in life is free. It's a pretty safe bet to say that this card won't be at or under the MSRP for a 6800nu.

Bad_Boy
06-19-04, 04:16 PM
The blue color of the board, and the silver heat sink look nice. I just don't like the blue lights they put in the fan. When I'm trying to sleep at night I don't want my computer to act like a night light, bathing the room in this blue glow. If I bought this card the first thing I would do is remove the lights

lol the light isnt even all that bright, it wont make your room glow lol. trust me i have 5 coolermaster fans in my case and i sleep just fine. and in the day time you wont even notice it. your really exaggerating.

Games I will never want or play. Also I already have a web cam. Why would I want to be forced in to buying another one with a video card. This "Free stuff" increases the price of the card. Nothing in life is free. It's a pretty safe bet to say that this card won't be at or under the MSRP for a 6800nu.

nobody is forcing you the buy the card, if you dont want the free webcam, give it away or sell it. same for the games. more power to you. asus says its a free webcam i dunno about you. theres not even a price on this thing yet so why complain now.

like i said nobody is forcing you to buy the card so dont get up tight about it.

Moot
06-19-04, 05:18 PM
your really exaggerating..
how would you know what my sleeping habits are?
I pull the blind cuz the star light bothers me. I cover my switch with my wallet, and cover my alarm clock with a blanket. There is NO light what so ever in my room when I’m sleeping. No exaggeration the light would bother me. My whole computer is also quieter than a stock enermax whisper PS

if you dont want the free webcam, give it away or sell it. same for the games.

The thought of selling all the extra stuff crossed my mind. Although this is a hassle. I like ASUS products, and was hopping to get an ASUS card once again. Although after seeing this I'm not sure which brand I’ll end up with.

Bad_Boy
06-19-04, 05:54 PM
how would you know what my sleeping habits are?
I pull the blind cuz the star light bothers me. I cover my switch with my wallet, and cover my alarm clock with a blanket. There is NO light what so ever in my room when I’m sleeping. No exaggeration the light would bother me. My whole computer is also quieter than a stock enermax whisper PS

then im sorry.

....that you actually sleep like that.
:lol2: