PDA

View Full Version : joystick recommendation?

nvnews-reader
06-19-04, 03:22 AM
im looking to get a new joystick i've been using an old sidewinder. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Any thoughts on the Logitech Cordless Freedom Joystick?

Thanks

nvnews-reader
06-20-04, 08:43 AM
bump :|

Dazz
06-20-04, 08:51 AM
I am using an Sidewinder force feedback 2 Pro, the only fualt i can find with it is it's big and bulky and fairly heavy. But Force Feedback is the only way to go :cool: Mechwarrior & space sims rock with Forcefeedback :)

strk
06-20-04, 08:52 AM
I have the Logitech Cordless Rumblepad best pad for gaming in my opinion gl with your deicision.

nvnews-reader
06-20-04, 09:07 AM
I am using an Sidewinder force feedback 2 Pro, the only fualt i can find with it is it's big and bulky and fairly heavy. But Force Feedback is the only way to go :cool: Mechwarrior & space sims rock with Forcefeedback :)

Did MS stop making the Sidewinder FF 2? I've looked around the net but can't seem to find anyone selling it. It looks pretty cool.

Ever used the Logitech Force 3D?

FastM
06-20-04, 04:58 PM
Did MS stop making the Sidewinder FF 2? I've looked around the net but can't seem to find anyone selling it. It looks pretty cool.

Ever used the Logitech Force 3D?

The Sidewinder team does not exist anymore. M$ does not even fully support sidewinder products under windowsXP

Clay
06-20-04, 05:47 PM
im looking to get a new joystick i've been using an old sidewinder. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks
What kind of games will you be using it with most of the time? Check out this site for some good reviews and info (http://www.joystickreview.com/). Good luck! :)

Pandora's Box
06-20-04, 06:32 PM

Thanks

i have that joystick. works great. highly recommended.

UDawg
06-21-04, 06:19 PM
Ya, that is why I buy all the Sidewinder products I can get my hot little hands on. The stragetic command is $9 so I bought 4 of them. Should last me 10 years. :D

nvnews-reader
06-21-04, 09:19 PM
I'll be using it mostly for fighter sims like il2. :)

I'm thinking I'm going to get the Wingman Force 3D Joystick by logitech. The x45 looks really cool but its more than i wanted to spend and it doesn't have force feedback.

Helanic Frost
06-27-04, 05:55 AM
I like my Logitech wingman digital extreme. Had it for almost 4 years now and it's never failed me yet. Nice heavy base so it doesn't move around and very responsive. Logitech keeps the drivers up to date too so i am very happy, almost bought a MS sidewinder back then and glad i didn't since they dropped support for them.

SlyBoots
06-28-04, 03:22 PM
http://www.chproducts.com/retail/usb_combat_568.html

einstein_314
06-28-04, 09:55 PM
I've got the logitech cordless freedom and all I can say is.....it rocks :lol2: Highly recommended by me.