PDA

View Full Version : BFG 6800 Ultra question

SignorSalad
06-19-04, 08:16 AM
My apologies if this has been asked or answered buried in another thread.

BFG is at or near the top of manufacturers I'd like to get a 6800 Ultra from when they become more widely available, but I want to make sure I'm getting a card that has 2 DVI outputs (instead of 1 DVI and 1 VGA).

BFG's website shows a pic with the ultra having 2 DVI outputs. However, I noticed Saturnotaku's BFG 6800 GT as having 1 DVI + 1 VGA. This concerned me a little because it seems a little odd that the GT would be 1 + 1, whereas the Ultra would be 2 DVI. You'd think that they would keep the outputs the same to keep the manufacturing processes for the 2 different cards as similar as possible. But maybe using 1 VGA on the GT is cheaper than keeping the manufacturing process similar.

Anyway..

My question is this: Whoever has an actual BFG 6800 Utra in their possession, did it come with 2 DVI or 1 DVI + 1 VGA? And was this card retail or OEM?

Thanks

06-19-04, 08:19 AM
ALL Ultra should come with 2 DVIs from what I know.

EngenZerO
06-19-04, 08:48 AM
My apologies if this has been asked or answered buried in another thread.

BFG is at or near the top of manufacturers I'd like to get a 6800 Ultra from when they become more widely available, but I want to make sure I'm getting a card that has 2 DVI outputs (instead of 1 DVI and 1 VGA).

BFG's website shows a pic with the ultra having 2 DVI outputs. However, I noticed Saturnotaku's BFG 6800 GT as having 1 DVI + 1 VGA. This concerned me a little because it seems a little odd that the GT would be 1 + 1, whereas the Ultra would be 2 DVI. You'd think that they would keep the outputs the same to keep the manufacturing processes for the 2 different cards as similar as possible. But maybe using 1 VGA on the GT is cheaper than keeping the manufacturing process similar.

Anyway..

My question is this: Whoever has an actual BFG 6800 Utra in their possession, did it come with 2 DVI or 1 DVI + 1 VGA? And was this card retail or OEM?

Thanks

mine has two dvi and retail

Clay
06-19-04, 10:05 AM
Last week I confirmed with a VP at BFG Tech that the GTs (in US at leasst) will all be VGA + DVI + s-video. All of the Ultras (mine included) are DVI + DVI + s-video.

SignorSalad
06-19-04, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the info...

sonyman
06-19-04, 01:32 PM
It seems they are only putting dual DVI on the ultras to boost sales of it.

Scott