PDA

View Full Version : 6800U problems!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

coldfirenj
06-20-04, 12:36 AM
Hey guys, just got my PNY 6800U and I am having some major problems, Major texture corruption and windows instability. I am at a total loss here, I have an Antec 550 tru power PSU. Do you think my motherboard (DFI Lanparty 875b) needs a bios update?

CaptNKILL
06-20-04, 12:44 AM
you plugged the video power adapter in correctly right?

Also, what card did you come from, and did you reinstall windows before installing yout 6800?

kahloq
06-20-04, 12:56 AM
Someone else in another thread had mentioned his sound card had been the cause of the problem. Try removing the sound card and then see if you get the same problems. If not, then try getting updated drivers for sound card. AS far as reisntalling windows, thats the last thing you wanna do and only as last resort. Others have reported doing a reformat and it didnt help. So check around this forum as there has been a few ppl that has had some issues and they have posted what has been there problem.

jAkUp
06-20-04, 01:31 AM
Hey guys, just got my PNY 6800U and I am having some major problems, Major texture corruption and windows instability. I am at a total loss here, I have an Antec 550 tru power PSU. Do you think my motherboard (DFI Lanparty 875b) needs a bios update?

Hey man, are you getting texture corruption in windows? Also what drivers are you using? Im having the same problem sometimes

coldfirenj
06-20-04, 01:33 AM
I am using 61.34 drivers. Mine are so bad sometimes windows will just crash..

jAkUp
06-20-04, 01:35 AM
Yup.. Im having the same problems. Sometimes my system restarts, sometimes the texture corruption is so bad in windows it just freezes. FarCry kicks me to the desktop occasionally... Today for the first time I got a message saying my power plugs were disconnected...

I am using the same drivers as you however... maybe that has something to do with it?

-=DVS=-
06-20-04, 01:36 AM
Jakup didn't had this problem a while back , did you guys install something else other then SP2 ?

jAkUp
06-20-04, 01:37 AM
Yea, when I first got the card I didnt have these problems.. they started occuring after I reorganized my systems wiring, reinstalled windows, and SP2 with the 61.32 drivers...
Ive been having these problems for a few days, but never said anything... I just figured it was the drivers, but now I wonder...

coldfirenj
06-20-04, 01:42 AM
Jakup, try getting into safe mode. Thats about all I can do.... I formatted a few times and it doesn't help. I thing it may be motherboard incompatibility.

scott123
06-20-04, 02:07 AM
Spec's below:

I'm running the PNY version, with splitter, and same 61.34 drivers. No problems here.

Sgt_Pitt
06-20-04, 04:48 AM
i said in the other post about this error but i didnt say why until i read something about sound cards above. The textures on my screen immediatley appeared after a reinstall of the creative labs SB live drivers

I think it could be a sound card issue, but ive got an old SB live value soundcard, maybe the two are interfering with each other. i was thinking about swithcing to the motherboards AC97 sound, but meh. its working ok now, if it continues ill look in that area.

green_meanie
06-20-04, 09:58 AM
You guys installed SP2? That could be it, it installs DX9c right?

scott123
06-20-04, 10:59 AM
Nvidia recommends SP2 and DX 9.0c for best performance with the 6800 Ultra.

undercover
06-20-04, 11:02 AM
I'm having probs with my Leadtek 6800 A400 (non ultra).

Aqaumark bombs with a corrupt screen and hangs the PC if I select 1600x1200 with AA.

3DMArk01 is the same. Anytime I select a high res it get problems.

I get flashes of corruption in Splinter Cell as well.

Templar
06-20-04, 11:14 AM
what clock rates does that PNY ship with and do you have a picture of it that you could post?.

Sorry not on topic.

Simon

coldfirenj
06-20-04, 01:08 PM
My card isn't even recognized in bios. Is anybody using a DFI board with the 6800U???

grimreefer
06-20-04, 01:12 PM
what clock rates does that PNY ship with and do you have a picture of it that you could post?.

Sorry not on topic.

Simon
425 i believe.

jdunlap
06-20-04, 01:40 PM
I am using a DFI Lanparty pro875b with my 6800 ultra (EVGA)... I have gotten the corrupt graphics in windows once, and it restarted with no other problems.. the 61.34's were too unstable, so I use the 61.40's for my card.. they are stable. I do however have a problem where I CANT GET DUAL MONITORS to work with it.. :( so sad...

(EDIT): Also, it isn't being recognized in the bios.. Atleast from what I can tell.

coldfirenj
06-20-04, 02:43 PM
Did you get any bios corruption?

Helanic Frost
06-20-04, 03:44 PM
Sounds like some folks should RMA their cards. This happens more than it should really, usually due to poor handling of the merchandise in warehouses and during shipping. Two years ago my best friend had to return his ATI 8500LE 3 times because the place he bought it from had them stored in a very hot location in their back room, the cards worked till you started playing a game and then within 10 mins he'd crash. He eventually gave up and bought a geforce ti 4600.

coldfirenj
06-20-04, 03:46 PM
I don't think it is the card itself if I can load safe-mode with no problems...

Helanic Frost
06-20-04, 03:55 PM
That doesn't mean anything. I've had to RMA cards before that only crashed during gameplay.

jdunlap
06-20-04, 04:14 PM
hey coldfirenj; I don't get any bios corruption.. What do you mean when you say bios corruption though? and it does work fine in safe mode with dual monitors, or when the drivers aren't installed. But once the drivers are installed then I get an error when I try to change the display properties.

Arioch
06-20-04, 04:21 PM
Well I would not be surprised if people are going to end up having to RMA more of the high end ATI and Nvidia cards than is usual this time around seeing as how both camps pushed their cards a bit more than they probably wanted trying to one up each other. This would make sense since we see how slow this launch has been on average compared to previous card launches and the stories of yield issues floating around on the internet. I just hope VPUs aren't getting approved that would normally be considered bad.

Hopefully you guys can get your problems fixed without having to RMA your cards.

:(

coldfirenj
06-20-04, 04:57 PM
Thanks guys, I will keep you posted. This really sucks..