PDA

View Full Version : So Cool

Pages : [1] 2

M.r Bob
06-20-04, 03:53 AM
Hi guys am new here , and I want to say hi to all, I finally fiend a NVIDIA forums am so happy :lol2: , and btw the forums look so cool nice job

Thanks

M.r Bob
06-20-04, 04:08 AM
btw im loking to buy the 6800 Ultra

is inno3d a good brand? the card and the bundle look nice , what is the best brand for 6800 Ultra

thanks

Jarred
06-20-04, 04:12 AM
hmmm.... all depends on what you wanna do with it I guess, I'm looking foward to the OC Gainward cards, ... BFG also offers a slightly overclocked version...

vläd
06-20-04, 09:48 AM
I would recommend the brands in the following order;
1. Gainward
2. BFG
3. XFX (this moves to #2 IF you can find a 450MHz clocked card)
4. eVGA (this moves to #2 IF eVGA actually sells the Extreme)

M.r Bob
06-20-04, 11:28 AM
thanks guys

Mullins1060
06-20-04, 11:51 AM
only two of those makes are available in europe. gainward and xfx. i heard msi were good...

NightFire
06-20-04, 01:21 PM
Hey, M.r Bob. What's up?
Is that your picture in the avatar?
Just curious.

Payton-Daytona is the brand to choose!!!:D.

No, nevermind. Disregard last statement. I would go with BFG if your planning to OC, because of their warranty.

Headbust
06-20-04, 02:05 PM
he looks like someone famous, cant for the life of me think who it is though

Bad_Boy
06-20-04, 04:39 PM
nice half nakie picture on your wall M.r Bob :)

Helanic Frost
06-20-04, 04:40 PM
Win Ben (forget name)'s money?

Morrow
06-20-04, 04:43 PM
I would recommend the brands in the following order;
1. Gainward
2. BFG
3. XFX (this moves to #2 IF you can find a 450MHz clocked card)
4. eVGA (this moves to #2 IF eVGA actually sells the Extreme)

Is there any special reason why you left out ASUS? I own two ASUS GeForce cards and they were both excellent purchases. My ASUS GeForce 1 SDR even included a thermal probe, something which was very uncommon those days.

Headbust
06-20-04, 04:43 PM
na someone else

Helanic Frost
06-20-04, 04:53 PM
Is there any special reason why you left out ASUS? I own two ASUS GeForce cards and they were both excellent purchases. My ASUS GeForce 1 SDR even included a thermal probe, something which was very uncommon those days.

Personally i'd cut out XFX all together, worst company i've ever dealt with. Support and service are almost non existant. I own an XFX mobo and i couldn't even get someone on the phone, they give you 3 secs to leave a message which isn't even enough time to leave your phone number. YOu can never get anybody through email or in their forums either. If a fellow user in the forums can't help you then you are SOL. RMA nightmare waiting to happen with XFX.

I'd cut MSI out too as they are known to use faulty capacitors that leak. However at least with MSI you can get some service and a possible solution to your troubles and RMAing with them isn't too much of a hassle.

PNY ,BFG, Gainward, EVGA( other than their quirky FX 5900 bios), I'd even throw ASUS in there(just don't like their prices and bundles).

grimreefer
06-20-04, 04:55 PM
leadtek(go to their site and look at their 6800!!! :drooling:
bfg
the only 2 companies i buy from
want to get bfg 6800gt this round :drooling:

Helanic Frost
06-20-04, 04:57 PM
Ya i'd place leadtek in there, they have been known to use cheap memory in their cards but at least they are reliable and you can get good customer support and service.

grimreefer
06-20-04, 04:59 PM
hey, at zipzoomfly, u could get(preorder) an msi 6800ultra for 550.
but retail is supposed to be $600.
typo?
omg, i think they screwed up like best buy.

Mullins1060
06-20-04, 05:00 PM
Personally i'd cut out XFX all together, worst company i've ever dealt with. Support and service are almost non existant. I own an XFX mobo and i couldn't even get someone on the phone, they give you 3 secs to leave a message which isn't even enough time to leave your phone number. YOu can never get anybody through email or in their forums either. If a fellow user in the forums can't help you then you are SOL. RMA nightmare waiting to happen with XFX.

I'd cut MSI out too as they are known to use faulty capacitors that leak. However at least with MSI you can get some service and a possible solution to your troubles and RMAing with them isn't too much of a hassle.

PNY ,BFG, Gainward, EVGA( other than their quirky FX 5900 bios), I'd even throw ASUS in there(just don't like their prices and bundles).

i had a ti4200 from pny it died within a year then i got replacement and it died within 7-8 months. not touched them since.

Helanic Frost
06-20-04, 05:02 PM
i had a ti4200 from pny it died within a year then i got replacement and it died within 7-8 months. not touched them since.

I still have a PNY ti4200 i bought, the fan died on it but put on a replacement fan from coolermaster and it's still running fine in my daughter's PC.

Mullins1060
06-20-04, 05:05 PM
I still have a PNY ti4200 i bought, the fan died on it but put on a replacement fan from coolermaster and it's still running fine in my daughter's PC.

fan worked fine but it smelt of burnt out electronics, and just didnt work. I got full refund for it so it wasnt too bad.

Helanic Frost
06-20-04, 05:09 PM
fan worked fine but it smelt of burnt out electronics, and just didnt work. I got full refund for it so it wasnt too bad.

Ya it was a known issue with PNY cards, the fans died within a year. Luckily mine started making a racket and i knew it was gonna die so instantly replaced the fan.

Mullins1060
06-20-04, 05:32 PM
Ya it was a known issue with PNY cards, the fans died within a year. Luckily mine started making a racket and i knew it was gonna die so instantly replaced the fan.

that means that their new cards dont have this problem?

Helanic Frost
06-20-04, 06:58 PM
that means that their new cards dont have this problem?

Well i can't say because that was two generations back but i don't buy PNY cards anymore if that tells ya anything. Never had that happen with any BFG card i've ever owned.

Bad_Boy
06-20-04, 07:13 PM
my prolink/pixelview ti4200 has been working for nearly 2 years strait, no problems.

http://www.prolink-usa.com/english/image/TI4200_card_front_view.jpg

yeah i know... i need to upgrade :(

Banko
06-20-04, 07:28 PM
Gainward is a pretty good company, I had my Geforce 3 ever since it came out.

M.r Bob
06-21-04, 03:04 AM
Hey, M.r Bob. What's up?
Is that your picture in the avatar?
Just curious.

Payton-Daytona is the brand to choose!!!:D.

No, nevermind. Disregard last statement. I would go with BFG if your planning to OC, because of their warranty.

ya thas me