PDA

View Full Version : Broadband

DJMONDY
06-20-04, 05:49 PM
Hi guys,

I was woundering if anyone can help me?
Every once in a while i get a blue screen on my sys which says Driver_IRQL_not_less_or_equal. Does anyone know what this means or what to do with it??
The only thing thats new on my sys is my BT Broadband.

Cheers

Son Goku
06-20-04, 09:47 PM
I have seen this one a long time back. It is a kernel mode trap, though I don't know from your indication which driver is involved. A little info on this:

Stop 0x000000D1 or DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The Stop 0xD1 message indicates that the system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. Drivers that have used improper addresses typically cause this error.
Interpreting the Message

This Stop message has four parameters:

1. Memory referenced.
2. IRQL at time of reference.
3. Type of access (0x00000000 = read operation, 0x00000001 = write operation).
4. Address that referenced memory.

Resolving the Problem

For additional troubleshooting suggestions that apply to all Stop errors, see "Stop Message Checklist" later in this appendix.

* Stop 0xD1 messages can occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If a driver is listed by name, disable, remove, or roll back that driver to confirm that this resolves the error. If so, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.

There are some other specific pages, depending on where this occurs. Next time you get this error message, plz include some specifics, such as the exact message it gives you, along with the any file names it gives, what system your using, etc...

It might have to do with the drivers for your device, not sure.

DJMONDY
06-21-04, 03:12 AM
I took a digital picture of it when it happened so i'll post that when i get home tonight.

DJMONDY
06-21-04, 12:10 PM
Heres what it says on the blue screen:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

Technical information:

*** stop: 0X000000D1 (0X00000000, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

Any ideas guys?

I tried posting the digital pic but i had an error msg.

jnd3
06-21-04, 01:08 PM
I got that error message when I had my memory overclocked too high.There might be a section of memory that's a bit off (so to speak) ... maybe try MemTest or some other program that verifies your memory is OK?

Sazar
06-21-04, 01:40 PM
IRQ errors on my system were limited to conflicts in sharing of interrupts between the agp card and a pci device...

consider reseating one or more pci devices to alternate slots... preferably if it happens to be a sound card...

once re-seated in an alternate pci slot (which has a different interupt) the errors normally vanish... in my case they did though the last time I had irq errors was 2 systems ago :cool:

1900+ and regular 9700pro @ the time

PsychoSy
06-21-04, 03:36 PM
Moving to general hardware! :D

r2d2d3d4d5
06-21-04, 05:05 PM
I had a similar problem with a SciAtl cable modem attached to my computer through the USB port. This issue was recognised by the manufacturer. A driver update helped but the only full solution was to attach the modem through the RJ-45 port.

DJMONDY
06-22-04, 03:41 AM
The weird thing is since i uninstalled my most recent game the blue screen problem hasnt come back?? I dont understand why a game would cause this type of problem?