PDA

View Full Version : MSI K8N Neo Platinum and hypertransport

DiscipleDOC
06-22-04, 10:07 AM
Can someone please explain to me how MSI K8N Neo Platinum uses hypertransport? What is the option in the bios for hypertransport used for? What is it's advantages/disadvantages?

{Sniping}Waste
06-22-04, 10:09 AM
There is no hyperthreading with AMD K8.

DiscipleDOC
06-22-04, 10:23 AM
Edited because of wrong terminology.

MUYA
06-22-04, 10:25 AM
Hypertransport shoud already be in use with the chipsets.

DiscipleDOC
06-22-04, 10:31 AM
What is the option in the bios used for?

MUYA
06-22-04, 10:35 AM
try here dude
http://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx?location=3&var1=107&var2=0

Sazar
06-22-04, 01:58 PM
one sec.. gonna look it up in the msi docs :)

am assuming you have the same or similar bios to me (cept with working locks... you lucky bastard :fu: )

-edit- ok its different :)

you have something called a cell menu somewhere in your bios... this is very different from mine..

anyways the basic thing you are looking for is something called HT frequency...

I presume your mobo handles upto 1000Mhz on the HT bus... the basic clock is 200 x whatever number... it should run @ 800 standard which implies its HT x4... HT x5 will be 1000MHz..

you also have a software Cell menu... check that out as well to see if you have more options...

:)

DiscipleDOC
06-22-04, 02:01 PM
one sec.. gonna look it up in the msi docs :)

am assuming you have the same or similar bios to me (cept with working locks... you lucky bastard :fu: )

-edit- ok its different :)

you have something called a cell menu somewhere in your bios... this is very different from mine..

anyways the basic thing you are looking for is something called HT frequency...

I presume your mobo handles upto 1000Mhz on the HT bus... the basic clock is 200 x whatever number... it should run @ 800 standard which implies its HT x4... HT x5 will be 1000MHz..

you also have a software Cell menu... check that out as well to see if you have more options...

:)

Thanks Saz,
Why are you not going with a better board?

Sazar
06-22-04, 03:58 PM
remember I had that car accident...

that changed priorities for me...

@ the moment the neo fisr2 is sufficient for my needs and I don't want to spend money on anything else @ the moment..

my first priority is to save money up for my gf to get a car... then I'll drive her old one and after that I'll decide what to do :)

ideally I want to get a new video card before I get a new board (unless pci-E becomes prevalent by then)

glad you were able to get your stuff sorted out :)

I have oodles of athlon64 info if you ever need a tidbit :D

check for me on the IRC forum if I am logged into NVN m8...

cheers...