PDA

View Full Version : Ecs P4vxasd2+

NightFire
06-22-04, 11:11 AM
Okay, here is my dilemma.
I really want to overclock my CPU, but changing the FSB on the motherboard makes my system so unstable it can't even get past the login screen.
I've got a HSF, and have no intention to buy anything, because I don't have any money right now.
The clock multipliers on the BIOS don't work at all, I've tried them.

Is there any way to overclock with the this motherboard?
If not, what software would you reccommend?
If there is no software, then it looks like I'm out of luck.
Oh well. Maybe next year.

saturnotaku
06-22-04, 12:23 PM

Overclock an ECS board? Not a chance. And if you're having stability issues when attempting to overclock on the BIOS/hardware level, it would stand to reason that software level overclocking would be out of the question.

{Sniping}Waste
06-22-04, 12:41 PM
Okay, here is my dilemma.
I really want to overclock my CPU, but changing the FSB on the motherboard makes my system so unstable it can't even get past the login screen.
I've got a HSF, and have no intention to buy anything, because I don't have any money right now.
The clock multipliers on the BIOS don't work at all, I've tried them.

If not, what software would you reccommend?
If there is no software, then it looks like I'm out of luck.
Oh well. Maybe next year.

All Intel P4 are multi locked but you can up the FSB. What P4 do you have and is it a 400FSB or 533FSB? The mobo you have is maxed out at 533FSB and will not be PCI/AGP locked above 533FSB.

{Sniping}Waste
06-22-04, 12:44 PM
Overclock an ECS board? Not a chance. And if you're having stability issues when attempting to overclock on the BIOS/hardware level, it would stand to reason that software level overclocking would be out of the question.

I have a 1800+ on a ECS L7S7A2 (SIS 746) OC to 2.35gig so yes you can OC with a ECS mobo and I know some ppl with XP mobles with ECS mobo hiting 2.5 to 2.7gig.