PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT PCB Size *56k Warning Maybe*

EXLINK
06-23-04, 09:37 PM
Okay, well I have an Antec Performance PLUS1080AMG case with an Abit IC7-Max3 motherboard. On that motherboard I have an ATI Radeon 9800 128MB and it gets pretty close to the hard drive cage. I was wondering how the size of the 6800 GT compared to the 9800? I am thinking, that because I have 2 hard drives, that I can move one (both?) down a slot (or two) and make room for the GT. This is a brief sketch on how it works out:

http://img43.photobucket.com/albums/v132/eXLink/Configuration.jpg

Now, if I moved the hard drives down to slot 3 and 4, I think that it would work out right to put in the GT?

Thank You,
EXLINK

Clay
06-23-04, 09:42 PM
Yes, moving those down to slots 3 and 4 should work out just fine. For them to remain in 1 and 2 might be very tight squeeze at best. Hard to say without actual measuerments of your case areas in question.

EXLINK
06-23-04, 09:44 PM
Yes, moving those down to slots 3 and 4 should work out just fine. For them to remain in 1 and 2 might be very tight squeeze at best. Hard to say without actual measuerments of your case areas in question.

I'm sorry that I couldn't give you any measurements, I just wanted a brief thought. :)

anzak
06-23-04, 09:45 PM
This should give you a good idea on the length of the card.

http://hardocp.com/image.html?image=MTA4MTc0NzQ0ODZxTE1PbWV1dFNfMV8xM l9sLmpwZw==

Clay
06-23-04, 09:46 PM
I'm sorry that I couldn't give you any measurements, I just wanted a brief thought. :)
NP :) I think moving the HDs down will work out just fine.

EXLINK
06-23-04, 09:59 PM
Well just as an estimate, I would have to say that the end of my hard drives to the end of my 9800 is about a 1.75" - 2.25" gap. I'm pretty sure it would fit even without moving the hard drives and with moving the hard drives it should be able to fit with no problems. :) I'm pretty sure that Nvidia put size into consideration as well before releasing their card so they will make it fit for sure! I can't wait for my 6800 GT! :headbang: