PDA

View Full Version : My new machine

Pages : [1] 2

Jarred
06-23-04, 09:58 PM
AWWW SWEET NECTAR!!! you know it's bad when it looks like it's haulin ass and it ain't even movin!

ok , I was gonna go with AMD, but... I got a little impatient waiting for the 939 boards, (plus PC-Club didn't have the 3800) so I got a P4 3.4 mhz

I'm gonna see how the ATI holds up for a month with Maya + Dual monitors, (Ati's drivers have always had problems with this) I know someone posted a link to some better possible dual app for ATI cards...

but when I can get my hands on an overclocked 6800 IT"S MINE!! :P (I'm still an Nvidia fanboy at heart :)

and now I can play games with 4 of my friends :)

****! I forgot a CD drive and a floppy DR, ...who still needs a floppy dr? !

Sazar
06-23-04, 10:11 PM
ultramon is what i used to use for dual monitor support... hydravision is a POS... or it was in the incarnation I used it in...

keep us posted on the results from your system...

your cpu btw... is it a prescott?

Riptide
06-23-04, 10:57 PM
Congradulations on the new machine. :)

Thurs. is the big day for me. I got my abit av8 today and tomorrow the 3800+.

Jarred
06-23-04, 11:00 PM
Congradulations on the new machine. :)

Thurs. is the big day for me. I got my abit av8 today and tomorrow the 3800+.

3800 was what I was going to go for, but I decided to save a bit of cash and go with the p4 3.4 (and they didn't have it at the time) i'm not sure if it's a prescott or not, I'll have to get back on that one. LOL.

jAkUp
06-23-04, 11:16 PM
hmmm...
MSI 875
Kingston memory
Thermaltake wingo
Vantec Aeroflow Fan
And the RX800 :) Funny thing is, that card needs only a floppy connector! And its a 9800 pro!!
And definetely a Western Digital HD... is it a raptor?
I know these things like the back of my hand :D
Nice :D

to tell if its a prescott quickly just look at our little white tag, if it says 1mb=prescott, if it says 512K= northwood

Remember to tell that guy to call me in upland ;) lol

Congrats on the purchase, yes we can get the 3800+ but dont keep it in stock.. for obvious reasons :) Strangly enough, we can get the chip, but we cant get a board for it..lmao

Thats a nice thermaltake case btw, brand new too :)

Jarred
06-23-04, 11:27 PM
hmmm...
MSI 875
Kingston memory
Thermaltake wingo
Vantec Aeroflow Fan
And the RX800 :) Funny thing is, that card needs only a floppy connector! And its a 9800 pro!!
And definetely a Western Digital HD... is it a raptor?
I know these things like the back of my hand :D
Nice :D

to tell if its a prescott quickly just look at our little white tag, if it says 1mb=prescott, if it says 512K= northwood

Remember to tell that guy to call me in upland ;) lol

Congrats on the purchase, yes we can get the 3800+ but dont keep it in stock.. for obvious reasons :) Strangly enough, we can get the chip, but we cant get a board for it..lmao

Thats a nice thermaltake case btw, brand new too :)

damn I jsut paid 500bucks (after tax) for a 9800pro!

LOL, your right about all of it dude, you like look up my purchase in your database or something? :)

BTW, it was a pain to get that tag off, as it left residue on the chip... gotta find it real quick....

jAkUp
06-23-04, 11:29 PM
naw.. I just saw the picture... :) I see that stuff everyday so its easily recognizable

Well.. the funny thing about that card is.. Im really not sure about it.. It might be a 9800XT. We installed it in a system once, and it showed up as a 9800XT... I just thought it was bugged... dunno. Maybe it is a 9800XT?? But it still uses only a floppy connector so its pretty unique

And ya those tags are a pain, but if you can't find it, it will show it on the receipt also

Clay
06-23-04, 11:31 PM
Is this our cue to cry foul about how ATI vendors are just as guilty about naming vaugeness as NVIDIA has been in the past? :D I hope you can exchange that without any trouble Jarred. Nice rig!

MUYA
06-23-04, 11:31 PM
so u were conned to buying a 9800 xt thinking it was a x800 pro? or sumat Jarred?

jAkUp
06-23-04, 11:33 PM
Yes its definetely not an x800 pro.. It goes for $249 I believe. Its either a 9800 Pro, or a 9800XT. If your gonna exchange it, just dont open it!!!! Or else you get slammed with the 15% restock

Jarred
06-23-04, 11:49 PM
BULL SHIZZIE SHIZZIE SHIZZIE!!

it's an X800pro, says so on the box! and it looks like one too! they had one in stock... and it was 440 bucks!

MUYA
06-23-04, 11:53 PM
hmmm dude sort it out. What does it say on the box? X800 or 9800 XT? man hope u get that sorted.

Jarred
06-24-04, 12:14 AM
heres some pics I'm positive it's a x800pro! Jakup you scare me! :)

MUYA
06-24-04, 12:16 AM
well when u boot up the first thing on teh top left corner of your c\screen should read ATI x800 Pro bios XXXXXXXX. Hopefully it does :)

jAkUp
06-24-04, 12:44 AM
ok dude im wrong.. im so sorry.. lol

That card is the same exact box as the msi RX9800.. and look identical!!! But that is the MSI x800 :) I have actually never seen one of those before..heh

Honost to god though, the RX9800 looks EXACTLY the same as that box!!! :)

Sorry if I threw your heart through loops..lol

Damn MSI and their numbering scheme..lol

Jarred
06-24-04, 12:57 AM
ok dude im wrong.. im so sorry.. lol

That card is the same exact box as the msi RX9800.. and look identical!!! But that is the MSI x800 :) I have actually never seen one of those before..heh

Honost to god though, the RX9800 looks EXACTLY the same as that box!!! :)

Sorry if I threw your heart through loops..lol

Damn MSI and their numbering scheme..lol

yeah you threw my ****!! :) I was gonna start breakin knee-caps down at PC-CLub!... HD is formatting right now... so I'll be a while before I get it up and going... it's a 1MB cache? that means it's prescott right?

GlowStick
06-24-04, 12:59 AM
LOL, your right about all of it dude, you like look up my purchase in your database or something? :)
Yes, now he knows where u live!

THE NOOOOOES!!

j/k jakup! =D

jAkUp
06-24-04, 01:14 AM
actually i could find out where he lives... muahahaha!! Too bad I dont know his real name though :) I doubt typing in Jarred will find anything..hehe

And yes 1mb means prescott :)

Jarred
06-24-04, 01:18 AM
actually i could find out where he lives... muahahaha!! Too bad I dont know his real name though :) I doubt typing in Jarred will find anything..hehe

And yes 1mb means prescott :)

LOL, thats my real name dude. :P

jAkUp
06-24-04, 01:19 AM
lol ok :) Also I hope the guys over there are nice and give you discounts ;)

Jarred
06-24-04, 01:24 AM
lol ok :) Also I hope the guys over there are nice and give you discounts ;)

you know what they don't, and never have, and I spend a BOOTLOAD over there, ...they practically don't even have to ask me for my phone number when I purchase things...

only reason why I go there is because they know more than most of the dip****s at fry's and BestBuy, and it's smaller....less crowded.

jAkUp
06-24-04, 01:25 AM
and they dont give you discounts! I think you are worthy of that.. say jacob says its ok :)

Jarred
06-24-04, 01:26 AM
and they dont give you discounts! I think you are worthy of that.. say jacob says its ok :)

LOL, they'll say Who!!?? Laugh and point fingers! :P

Dazz
06-24-04, 01:34 AM
It is indeed an X800Pro as the name of the RX800Pro, rather then the RX9800Pro of the Radeon 9800Pro.

Jarred
06-24-04, 01:38 AM
It is indeed an X800Pro as the name of the RX800Pro, rather then the RX9800Pro of the Radeon 9800Pro.

I know! thats what I thought, but we've already established this DUUUDE! :P

I guess the box looks exactly the same...