PDA

View Full Version : Those who have Best Buy pre-orders

Jedi Rainman
06-24-04, 12:04 AM
I just tried to log into my account, which seemed to take forever even on cable internet, but anyways, I logged into my account and it shows nothing there. It says no orders found which is crap and I haven't gotten any e-mails, so do you think that they are working on there website, updating it? If you have a pre-order with Best Buy.com, please go and log in and tell me if you account shows the same or if I should start flipping out.

Thanks

pjstp20
06-24-04, 12:11 AM
I got the same exact thing. I think Best Buy updates their site at this time so hopefully thats all this is, or else hell will be raised.

sonyman
06-24-04, 12:12 AM
I just tried to log into my account, which seemed to take forever even on cable internet, but anyways, I logged into my account and it shows nothing there. It says no orders found which is crap and I haven't gotten any e-mails, so do you think that they are working on there website, updating it? If you have a pre-order with Best Buy.com, please go and log in and tell me if you account shows the same or if I should start flipping out.

Thanks
Same problem here mate...took a loooong time to enter then no orders...cross your fingers!

Scott

Gogeta
06-24-04, 12:14 AM
yes, same here. I called and they said they dont have access to orders at this time. So, id imagine if the CSR didnt have access, we wouldnt either. but yeah, if they do decide to screw with us, we need to set something up. Im not paying a cent over $322.27 with tax.

911medic
Same problem here... Gonna wait until tomorrow a.m. and if it's still gone, I'll be calling to see whazzup.

Jedi Rainman
Yeah, it would really suck if our orders got cancelled or put on back order. I'd have to go somewhere and kick someone's @$$...just kidding. Hey thanks a bunch for checking for me though, so that I know that I am not the only one. I e-mailed Best Buy.com just make sure, but thats probably all that it is.

Maybe when we check our orders in the next 12 to 24 hours, they'll say shipped and provide a tracking number. That would be nice too! :clap:

Gogeta
06-24-04, 12:19 AM
Does anyone know how many of us got the 299.99 deal. I imagine most came from this forum, Guru3d, Rage3d, ocforums and Futurmark. We all should swamp them with phone calls if they fu++ with us.

Gogeta
06-24-04, 12:45 AM
i just called bb, yes they are open 24/7. the guy said that they didnt have access to orders. I asked him, "does this also apply to customers trying to check their orders online because I just checked and my order is not there". He said yes. I asked again, (playing stupid), "oh, so I cant see my order because of the current maintenance"?, He said yes. hopefully thats all there is to it. I think the other guy was saying people with multiple cards got cancelled? will someone call and ask what I asked? 1888-237-8289

anzak
06-24-04, 12:49 AM
Same thing with my GT pre order.

GlowStick
06-24-04, 12:56 AM
It seems their secure server is just offline for mantinence, no biggie.

Gogeta
06-24-04, 01:02 AM
i just checked my bank. there is another authorization for $322.27. ok, im starting to think this was all just a conincidance, and that in fact they are just running maintenance. damn, im gonna be furious if not.

GlowStick
06-24-04, 01:07 AM
i just checked my bank. there is another authorization for $322.27. ok, im starting to think this was all just a conincidance, and that in fact they are just running maintenance. damn, im gonna be furious if not.
Actually, what could be happening is.

For preorders bestbuy dosent actually charge your card, they just do a pre-auth.

When a preauth your credit limit decreases by that amount, bt money isnt taken. And you cant leave a preauth 'forever' only lasts a few days and then your credit jumps back up to normal. So basicly maybe they take down their server with the secureity stuff you dont want any 1337 haxx0rz seeing when they redo the pre-auths every week.

Gogeta
06-24-04, 01:11 AM
Actually, what could be happening is.

For preorders bestbuy dosent actually charge your card, they just do a pre-auth.

When a preauth your credit limit decreases by that amount, bt money isnt taken. And you cant leave a preauth 'forever' only lasts a few days and then your credit jumps back up to normal. So basicly maybe they take down their server with the secureity stuff you dont want any 1337 haxx0rz seeing when they redo the pre-auths every week.

yes, I know ALL that. thats why I said authorization and not charge. this is the third time they have authorized, and im sure it will drop and another one will come. they are just making sure the money is there...yes, I know all these things.

Gogeta
06-24-04, 02:57 AM
woohoo, its back!

Blacklash
06-24-04, 03:39 AM
Thanks guys, you almost gave me a heart attack,

Yes, it is back. At least my order is :D

Vapor Trail
06-24-04, 05:38 AM
My order is still there.

Nothing to see here folks... move along... move along....

:)

six_storm
06-24-04, 11:13 AM
Same here. I couldn't log in last night, but I can this morning. That's a load off my mind.

Jedi Rainman
06-24-04, 12:56 PM
The rep that took my e-mail totally didn't answer my question. I asked what was going on for I logged into the site and my order was not there?

They responded:

Your order for the BFG Technologies-GeForce 6800 Ultra OC 256MB AGP Graphics Card-BFGR68256U is currently being processed for shipping. When an order is placed, it goes through several stages before it ships. We verify credit, check inventory, pick the product, and pack it for shipment. Depending upon inventory availability of an item, the time it takes for an order to process varies. You will receive an e-mail notifying you when the order ships. Once the item ships, it will arrive within the timeframe established by the chosen shipping method.

I do call this good news anyways, but there support needs some uping.