PDA

View Full Version : Mother of God my order status is "packed"

xdaishanx
06-24-04, 05:32 PM
LOL :) after my saga of ordering at three different sites who said "in stock" that ended up being either a mistake or as in case of PNY a long line ahead of me etc I managed to catch that BFG 6800 GT at zipzoomfly this morning - ordered and half hour later checked on it and the product page said out of stock - expecting the worst I called and a helpful person put me on hold a bit to check on my order and said I had gotten the last one :)

Then just checked and it said it was packed - joy of joy - might actually have a card in my hands tomorrow afternoon or Monday at the latest - yeah paid a few bucks more but am off all next week from one of two jobs and would like to play as much as could with it

Have a P4 3.4 with 1.5 GB Corsair XMS RAM and Abit IC7 etc and will be running everything at 1600x1200 - I play Lineage 2 and City of Heroes and am about to pick up Far Cry and Joint Operations and will let you all know how they run on it when I get it and if have any problems with my hardware setup as am sure some out there have similar ones

PaiN
06-24-04, 05:35 PM
someday..*soon*..we'll all get to be this happy ;)

Sazar
06-24-04, 05:46 PM
1.5 gb?

so no dual channel then I spose...

sonyman
06-24-04, 05:47 PM
1.5 gb?

He could have 2x512 and 2x256.

Scott

xdaishanx
06-24-04, 07:18 PM
1.5 gb?

its 4 slot

banks 1 and 3 = 2 512 MB XMS Modules
banks 2 and 4 = 2 256 MB XMS Modules

= dual channel ( the AMD boards are the ones with 3 slots that dont allow you to do this )

BTW the extra 512 does make a difference in my gameplay anyway - I have no paging file and all the tweaks in the registry to force even that "hidden" 2mb page file created by XP to not exist etc and never have any problems - have had many try and argue that nothing will use over 1 GB and its simply not true - SWG or Lineage 2 will use 800mb alone - so having the extra room is nice - never have had any crash issues either - its nice to basically never hear anything hit the harddrive once first loaded etc

euan
06-24-04, 07:22 PM
packed into a slow sailing cargo ship in taiwan perhaps? :D

xdaishanx
06-24-04, 07:27 PM
packed into a slow sailing cargo ship in taiwan perhaps? :D

Nope thats where ATI's open GL driver team is located though I hear :)

b|indeyes
06-24-04, 07:45 PM
mine also says "packed" it said that this morning when i checked the site after ordering yesterday

we will see how it goes though

xdaishanx
06-25-04, 08:12 AM
Blindeyes if you ordered sometime after 12 day before yesterday I bet it didnt get "packed" until yesterday along with mine since I ordered early morning yesterday - got an email from them last nite about midnite with tracking number and arrived in local Fedex center this morning with estimated time before 3:00 - you should have same info available to you know

Also meant was a Chaintech 6800GT ( I have had a few chaintech cards and my 4600 was favorite out of all the 4600 boards I had and their AMD mb's consistently get high reviews and ratings from many enthusiast sites I go to ) I know some on here must have had bad experiences with their Chaintech products but overall they are NOT regarded as a "bad" or "cheap" brand indeed many overclockers etc swear by Chaintech products overall

Will run some tests/etc later and let you all know how it goes :) luck to all of you also

Now to figure out games/demos etc to find to try out -