PDA

View Full Version : List "must have" games/demos for 6800GT when it arrives

Headbust
06-24-04, 07:45 PM
I only play Day Of Defeat and half life mods for the past 6yrs. I will most likley merge to HL2 as long as the multiplayer is as good as in the origanal. Anyway...what are some must have demos/games to try out

So far
Farcry demo(hate it but will try it just for the sake of it for looks)
UT2004(hate it but will try it just for the sake of it for looks)
H something leak
D something leak
S something leak

Headbust
06-24-04, 07:45 PM
basically wanna start downloading now so i got all this stuff next week when it arrives :)

six_storm
06-24-04, 08:55 PM
Far Cry is a very nice game, especially if you want eye candy from your new video card. I ordered the 6800 GT also and I can't wait to play Far Cry. Also, I've been tracking Doom 3 for two years now. It supposively (take with a grain of salt) is suppost to release August 3rd, 40 more days!!! I'd get Joint Operations, Far Cry, and I dunno what else. Have you tried Painkiller? It's ok. There are alot of big games coming out this year.

jAkUp
06-24-04, 08:57 PM
Yup.. 40 more days.. check the sig.. hehe ;) Also, theif3 has really nice graphics, might wanna try that demo. Max Payne 2 still looks pretty nice also :)

ChrisRay
06-24-04, 08:58 PM
Try Dues EX 2. Invisible War. Looks great @ 4x AA/16x AF

Jarred
06-24-04, 09:27 PM
Try Dues EX 2. Invisible War. Looks great @ 4x AA/16x AF

Im a big fan of the first one... I was kinda disapointed with this one....

ChrisRay
06-24-04, 09:29 PM
Im a big fan of the first one... I was kinda disapointed with this one....

Well he did say graphically. I dont care for the game other than a graphic front :)

PaiN
06-24-04, 09:35 PM
I never play a game twice....not even FarCry with is the best FPS I've played since HL.
I stopped 1/2 through PaiNkiller, to wait on the 6800 and sm3.0 patch
as for the rest of the "must haves":
Doom3
HL2
STALKER
World of Warcraft
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

jAkUp
06-24-04, 09:37 PM
Sadly I stopped playing all games right now :(

Theif- I havent gotten around to it, but I wanna pick up where I left off
FarCry- I already beat it, but gonna run it through again with the new patch
Painkiller- Again stopped halfway through, waiting on new patch
Splinter Cell- Lost all my saved games, still havent gotten around to starting again

UT2004 deatchmatch is the only game I play now :) Bring on doom3!!!

six_storm
06-24-04, 09:56 PM
Bring on doom3!!!

AMEN TO THAT!

Jarred
06-24-04, 10:07 PM
Well he did say graphically. I dont care for the game other than a graphic front :)

yeah I know, I was just throwing my 2 cents in there... old programmer friend of mine worked on it, he said it was a miserable project ot work on...

Graphicly though I think they geared the game more toward an Xbox game, and thought about PC second, rather than the other way around.

evilchris
06-24-04, 10:23 PM
Call of Duty is good. Play it loud.

Morrow
06-24-04, 11:01 PM
S something leak

"S something leak" doesn't include any SM2.0 shaders. It's all Dx8.1 and not a good example to show off your shiny new 6800. The full retail version of "S something leak" will perform a whole differently than the leaked version because now it has been updated with tons of DX9 stuff.

The same goes for "D something leak".

Shamrock
06-25-04, 12:24 AM
Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth :)

PS3.0. Runs on C&C Generals Engine It can bog down a P4 3.0Ghz

kahloq
06-25-04, 12:43 AM
Although its not slated to be released until 2005, Middle Earth Online will undoubtably incorporate SM3.0(assumption on my part). Can't wait for that :)

If you like FPS type games and like online games, try Endless Ages(www.endlessagesportal.com). Its got great pvp action as well as PVM and PK and its a role playing game. Free 5 day trial. The graphics however, are not going to be like Far Cry, but remember its a massively multiplayer first person online role playing game. It includes jetpacks, jetskis, hoverbikes, and assorted otehr vehicles and flying items, etc.

MUYA
06-25-04, 12:51 AM
If u are into other games besides shoot'em up.

I'd say Colin Mcrae Rally 4 :)

Maybe the soon to be relased Ground Control.

Perimeter maybe too

Blacklash
06-25-04, 01:23 AM
Far Cry, Thief III Deadly Shadows, Painkiller, Lineage II, Anarchy Online-Shadowlands, Colin Mcrae 4, NWN(HotUD), and SWG will all get tested. I look forward to Doom3, S.T.A.L.K.E.R, and Everquest II. I am sure there are others but none jump readily to mind. I too am very interested in Vampire:Bloodlines.
I STILL have VtMR on my computer :D

One of my favorite lines Cris said in that game "Stand Sir! or shall I send you to hell squatting upon your arse?"

evilchris
06-25-04, 01:45 AM
Can anyone confirm Thief 3 runs good on 6800? It runs like crap on my 9800P 128.

Snooka
06-25-04, 01:53 AM
Haha. Yeah, I played Far Cry for like half hour, then stopped because I wanted to wait for a new video card. It runs like crap on my 9800XT, but I'm very picky.

Lately, all I've been playing is NFSU and UT2K4. :)

Oh, and the new Prince of Persia is going to be awesome. I don't know if it's gonna be released this year though.

MUYA
06-25-04, 02:11 AM
Prince of Persia 3 is already out i think.

Snooka
06-25-04, 02:22 AM
No, no, no... It was previewed at this year's E3, and I think there's a preview over at Gamespot.com, too.

But, Prince of Persia Sands of Time is teh ownage. :)

MUYA
06-25-04, 02:57 AM
I stand corrected then :D