PDA

View Full Version : PreOrder 6800ultra from bestbuy

No_Sleep_Needed
06-24-04, 06:58 PM
Yes I finally Preordered my 6800ultra. I think it was one of the last because now it says sold out. I cant wait for it to get here. :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

P1x44r
06-24-04, 07:31 PM
I pre-ordered one too earlier today! :jumping:

Ruined
06-24-04, 07:38 PM
grats!! ph33r teh 6800z!!! :beer2: :box: :cool3:

PaiN
06-24-04, 07:47 PM
Your right No_Sleep (PaiN wipes forhead :D ) they are sold out! Gald I got my order in when I did......
Its kind of a good thing, atleast BestBuy isn't taking pre-orders on more cards than they are getting and it shows they have control over their inventory.
I'm very pumped :cool2:

revbatboy
06-24-04, 10:02 PM
Next Monday "should" be the big day. Overnight shipping woo-hoo

JayrodTremonki
06-24-04, 10:05 PM
This is actually the 3rd time they've gone from pre-ordering them to sold out and then back to pre-order. I dunno..I ordered mine around the 16th, ETA said 6/28. Then in the e-mail it said "back-ordered, will ship to you on 6/22" and then I had to e-mail them to clear up that it won't ship until the 28th. Then I check my mail and 2 hours prior there was mail sent to me saying "will ship to you within 25 days" this was on the 22nd. Kinda odd, maybe we're putting too much trust in BestBuy? =\

No_Sleep_Needed
06-24-04, 10:38 PM
Yeah mine says backordered will be delivered by the 29 so i think its all good, and overnight shipping for only 7 bucks u dam right i got that lol

kahloq
06-24-04, 11:25 PM
Well, just a few days ago, if you remember the thread, a BFG employee had been quoted and had stated that BFG had enough cards to send to Best Buy to cover all their preorders(ultra's and Gt's) and that those that did preorder should have their cards delivered between 6/28 and 7/3/04

john19055
06-24-04, 11:26 PM
That's the same way I have been done by BESTBUY on my X800XTPE first it was the 15 ,then the 21 and now they say I should get it within 25 days.

kahloq
06-24-04, 11:33 PM
Ummm, Iv not gotten any email stating a 25 day wait.

From Hardforums

Best Buy is still on track to fulfill their pre-orders for both the BFG 6800 Ultra OC and BFG 6800 GT OC between June 28th and July 5th to you the consumer as of today (or potentially earlier if you live close to their Internet distribution Center a.k.a. DC). The way the process works is that we ship to their DC and then they ship directly to you. When you get the product will depend upon your number in line for the pre-order, they typically fulfill those who order first, first!

Thanks,
Scott Herkelman
EVP Marketing

saturnotaku
06-24-04, 11:35 PM
Um, he was talking about the X800XT.

kahloq
06-24-04, 11:48 PM
From Hardforums

Best Buy is still on track to fulfill their pre-orders for both the BFG 6800 Ultra OC and BFG 6800 GT OC between June 28th and July 5th to you the consumer as of today (or potentially earlier if you live close to their Internet distribution Center a.k.a. DC). The way the process works is that we ship to their DC and then they ship directly to you. When you get the product will depend upon your number in line for the pre-order, they typically fulfill those who order first, first!

Thanks,
Scott Herkelman
EVP Marketing

Uhhhhhh no only john19055 mentioned the x800 XT. My previous post was in response to JayrodTremonki's post

ronss
06-25-04, 02:25 AM
was going to order a 6800 ultra at bb, i called and this is what they said. the 6800 gt cards would be shipped july1, the 6800 ultras-aug 4. i decided not to order

pjstp20
06-25-04, 02:31 AM
was going to order a 6800 ultra at bb, i called and this is what they said. the 6800 gt cards would be shipped july1, the 6800 ultras-aug 4. i decided not to order

If you ordered the 6800 Ultra in the last couple days, or if you preordered the day that pre-orders became avialable? If it's the latter why is a BFG rep saying all pre-oorders will ship next week? Sounds like you're trying to spread FUD.

CainSyris
06-25-04, 03:11 AM
Sounds like they're saying they had enough GF6U's to fill the preorders that were already ordered and so Best Buy opened up the site for more preorders for the shipment after that.

They know they've got enough to fill the preorders they had previous to this week, so they open them up again to go ahead and get the credit card numbers of hopeless saps who must have it now and are content to wait until God knows when the next shipment will arrive.

So the people who ordered weeks ago get their GF6U's and a whole host of new wannabe GF6 owners end up in the GF6 Waiting Game TM(pending) courteasy of the Best Buy Entertainment Chain.

Jedi Rainman
06-25-04, 04:20 AM
Sounds like they're saying they had enough GF6U's to fill the preorders that were already ordered and so Best Buy opened up the site for more preorders for the shipment after that.

They know they've got enough to fill the preorders they had previous to this week, so they open them up again to go ahead and get the credit card numbers of hopeless saps who must have it now and are content to wait until God knows when the next shipment will arrive.

So the people who ordered weeks ago get their GF6U's and a whole host of new wannabe GF6 owners end up in the GF6 Waiting Game TM(pending) courteasy of the Best Buy Entertainment Chain.

Also, you can not forget all the people who pre-ordered and then cancelled there pre-orders. That has to have alot of accountability too.

PaiN
06-25-04, 06:07 AM
no offense...but you guys make this all to complicated ;)
imo...seems that BestBuy knows what their allotment of Ultras and GTs will be and they allowed pre-orders for the amount they will have and can ship.

guess, we'll know next week, for sure

revbatboy
06-25-04, 06:58 AM
Im about an hour from DC so that is good news.

Edit:Silly Me :retard:

PaiN
06-25-04, 07:03 AM
Im about an hour from DC so that is good news.

oh man!...I hate to be a "bubble buster" but...I think the letter meant DC as in "Distribution Center not "Washington DC" ..... :rolleyes:

SignorSalad
06-25-04, 07:19 AM
If you ordered the 6800 Ultra in the last couple days, or if you preordered the day that pre-orders became avialable? If it's the latter why is a BFG rep saying all pre-oorders will ship next week? Sounds like you're trying to spread FUD.

When the BFG Rep said that, he was probably covering all the orders made up to that point. The quote is from a few days ago. A lot more orders can come in in a few days, and probably did, based on his quote and the amount of forums it appeared on. So once the new orders came in after his quote, all of a sudden they didn't have enough to cover the pre-orders. Aug 4th is probably the best guess when a new batch will come in.

I ordered early enough to be included in the batch that Herkelman was referring to. My hope is that Best Buy is sophisticated enough to ship out first come first serve, and fill the earliest orders first. But I wouldn't put anything past them.