PDA

View Full Version : 61.71 anisotropic filtering optimize on/off?

Jethro
06-26-04, 12:50 PM
whats this feature? Does it turn off angle on and off? /me wonders if it works on FX5900 cards. Any ideas?

Also does anyone know if the trilinear opt's work on 5900?

Sworkhard
06-26-04, 01:35 PM
I know you can disable the trilinear opts on the 5900. I don't know how the AF opts button works on the 5900

ChrisRay
06-26-04, 02:05 PM
No, it turns on off texture stage optimisations. With the optimisations on. Texture stages 1-7 Recieve Optimisations and Bilinear Filtering.

With them off, They dont recieve this.

Chris

fivefeet8
06-26-04, 06:50 PM
No, it turns on off texture stage optimisations. With the optimisations on. Texture stages 1-7 Recieve Optimisations and Bilinear Filtering.

With them off, They dont recieve this.

Chris

I've found that in Halo PC, the AF optimizations have to be turned off or you will see mip map transitions(8xAF). The Trilinear optimizations make little difference though. It's good to have options. ;)

Sworkhard
06-26-04, 07:17 PM
Does the Disable Ansio Option work when ansiotropic Filtering is forced from the control panel as well as when it is selected in game? The reason I ask this is because with the 61.32's (I now use 61.34's) which didn't have the ansiotropic filtering option it didn't look like asiotropic filtering was working properly or that Trilinear options were really disabled when I forced it from the control panel. Unfortunately, there is no way to select ansio from in the game. The mipmap transitions are terrible (or are they texture transitions - I'm lacking in terminology).

Edit
See Here (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29692&page=4&pp=15) for some screen shots

Jethro
06-26-04, 09:42 PM
this is interesting ill have to do some test of my own. I often force an aniso level on a per application basis myself. Thanks for the insights and info.