PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy BFG 6800 Ultra - Shipping 7/6/04

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

pjstp20
06-28-04, 01:17 PM
Anyone else have their order status changed to this date?

Goth
06-28-04, 01:18 PM
Confirmed mine has changed I preorder on 6/14/04

lognoronon
06-28-04, 01:23 PM
Time to cancel. I did this order ONLY because of how soon they said they would have it. These assholes need to get their crap together and release this crap on time. I have been trying to get and x800 or an 6800 ultra since the second week of may and nothing yet and I'm considering going with an older card since I can't stand playing anything on this crap fx 5600 anymore.

revbatboy
06-28-04, 01:25 PM
Mine changed also. Pure BS. I go on Vacation on the 10th If I dont get it by the 10th I have to cancel because no one is going to be at my house for a week and a half.

sonyman
06-28-04, 01:25 PM
Time to cancel. I did this order ONLY because of how soon they said they would have it. These assholes need to get their crap together and release this crap on time. I have been trying to get and x800 or an 6800 ultra since the second week of may and nothing yet and I'm considering going with an older card since I can't stand playing anything on this crap fx 5600 anymore.
No! Don't cancel! Just because that date is in the system doesn't mean you will get it that late! BFG is shipping cards to Best Buy throughout the week!

Scott

pjstp20
06-28-04, 01:28 PM
Lol, it's unbelievable the delay on these cards. Now were looking at three months after paper launch. That a quarter of a year!!!! It's almost time for the product refresh to be announced and these aren't even out in substantial quantities yet.

Following these cards journy to retail is like some twilight zone episode.

Ruined
06-28-04, 01:28 PM
I think something is still messed up, my 6800GT order now says 7/6 as well, but BFG has stated they shipped all 6800GT preorders to bestbuy on Friday, and I ordered on 6/14 when they were first available. Despite what my status says I still think my 6800GT will ship today or tomorrow.

Blacklash
06-28-04, 01:33 PM
Mine says 7/06 too,

Here we go with the weekly string along. When we get close to this date they will bump it to another. I thought BB was well in with nVidia.

EDIT I bet our cards are at E tailers where they can overcharge...

pjstp20
06-28-04, 01:34 PM
Why is it that these companies have such issues with deadlines? Wouldn't it be wonderful if our jobs could be so lax? Can't they plan at all? As far as I'm concerned Nvidia, BFG, and Best Buy are either extremely incompetant or they're just flat out lying to us.

Ruined
06-28-04, 01:37 PM
BFG stated that they shipped the GTs to Best Buy last Friday, they should get them in today or tomorrow, perhaps this postponement is just in case they can't cover all the orders?

kahloq
06-28-04, 01:38 PM
Well they probably changed EVERYONE's order to release of 7/6 because they didnt get ENOUGH from BFG, but that doesnt mean some wont get them prior(those that are in line first). But as with everyone else, Imgetting really pissed off now. This was ****ing supposed to be my Birthday gift and that was 2 weeks ago.

Vapor Trail
06-28-04, 01:40 PM
My GT pre-order is now listed as

"The new release date is 07/06/2004. Your order details are listed below."

ARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!

Jedi Rainman
06-28-04, 01:45 PM
I just checked my order staus at BB and mine still shows "BACKORDER"

Damnit BB, I'm on vacation and I took it this week to use my card, what a ****ing waste of time even though it is a paid vacation.

Well, I guess I have a reason to go watch Spider-Man 2 on wednesday now.

PaiN
06-28-04, 01:47 PM
Yep..."1 item(s) preordered, release date is 07/06/04."
:spank:
Someday, somehow, someway....... there will be a company that gets their **** together.....in this day and and age of instant communication...you mean to tell me BB did know BFG wouldn't be able to get the order out for the 28th.....Bull****!
I should have known better.....

SignorSalad
06-28-04, 02:07 PM
I think something is still messed up, my 6800GT order now says 7/6 as well, but BFG has stated they shipped all 6800GT preorders to bestbuy on Friday, and I ordered on 6/14 when they were first available. Despite what my status says I still think my 6800GT will ship today or tomorrow.

BFG wouldn't have shipped them to Best Buy next dair air. Meaning there's very little chance they would be at Best Buy today. They would've shipped them lowest cost ground delivery. A delivery made on Friday most likely wouldn't make it Best Buy's warehouses till the middle of the week at best.

pjstp20
06-28-04, 02:10 PM
BFG wouldn't have shipped them to Best Buy next dair air. Meaning there's very little chance they would be at Best Buy today. They would've shipped them lowest cost ground delivery. A delivery made on Friday most likely wouldn't make it Best Buy's warehouses till the middle of the week at best.

Plus, regaurdless of when Best Buy gets them, I think they hold them until the new announced release date. So no new cards until next week people, we must accept it.

Ruined
06-28-04, 02:13 PM

Even at the with ground those GTs should be in BB's hands today or tomorrow. BFG and Best Buy's Internet Distribution Center are both located in Illinois, and UPS ground (along with most other ground carriers) take 1-2 days max for in-state shipments. (Assuming im not wrong with the location, but im pretty sure).

revbatboy
06-28-04, 02:13 PM
Well just got this E-Mail. :lame:

Pre-Order Update
June 28, 2004
Order Number: *************

Dear ****:

There's been a change to the release date for your pre-ordered item.

The new release date is 07/06/2004. Your order details are listed below.

Get more information on this or any of your BestBuy.com orders by signing into Your Account.

You can also call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) with any questions. For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

Thank You.
Best Buy Customer Care

Ruined
06-28-04, 02:14 PM
I think BB is just covering their ass b/c they arent shipping yet and cant change every person's order to reflect exactly when their card will be going out. I think most of them will still ship this week.

Jedi Rainman
06-28-04, 02:45 PM
Well, as of 2:45 PM EST, my account still shows "BACKORDERED" and nowhere does it state or show 7/6/04, so maybe I got lucky and mine may have already been shipped out...maybe? On the main page after logging in, you know where you click to view your order, well there is says "In Process" and then inside on the order it shows "BACKORDERED."

SignorSalad
06-28-04, 03:13 PM
Even at the with ground those GTs should be in BB's hands today or tomorrow. BFG and Best Buy's Internet Distribution Center are both located in Illinois, and UPS ground (along with most other ground carriers) take 1-2 days max for in-state shipments. (Assuming im not wrong with the location, but im pretty sure).

You could be right. But they may not have used UPS either.. could be a large trucking carrier that ships by the load, instead of by the box. In that case its a crapshoot. Could sit on a loading dock or carrier terminal for a few days. Either way, I won't be looking for mine till around 7/7, since I chose next day air.

jcossin
06-28-04, 03:30 PM
Well just got this E-Mail. :lame:

Pre-Order Update
June 28, 2004
Order Number: *************

Dear ****:

There's been a change to the release date for your pre-ordered item.

The new release date is 07/06/2004. Your order details are listed below.

Get more information on this or any of your BestBuy.com orders by signing into Your Account.

You can also call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) with any questions. For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

Thank You.
Best Buy Customer Care

Yep I just got the same email twice, once for my 6800 Ultra order and once for my 6800 GT order. Both are set on 7/6 now. ARGH...

Scott@Bjorn3D
06-28-04, 03:35 PM
The delay gets very interesting. Did you know that all cards are made by NVIDIA right now. AIB's are getting them with stock reference fans then they can go from there.

BFG is taking off the stock fan which is using thermal tape and using good Artic Silver stuff and testing the cards. I myself am seeing the difference since my rig runs hot because of all my drives.

Ultra's are not cutting it in my rig, but it is a toasty 49C.

So my point is get a good card from someone like BFG, or wait for custom boards and cooling that can handle the load. I can wait for our 6800U O/C that will come with custom air cooling from BFG.

Vapor Trail
06-28-04, 03:42 PM
So my point is get a good card from someone like BFG, or wait for custom boards and cooling that can handle the load. I can wait for our 6800U O/C that will come with custom air cooling from BFG.

I can wait, especially for $299. It just so happens that I'm on vacation starting 7/6 so if that be the ship date I'm not worried.... yet.

quik0ne
06-28-04, 04:01 PM
I remember when I pre-ordered that the release date was listed as

7/1/2004-7/7/2004

So as far as I'm concerned its on time. Besides we've waited this long, whats a little bit longer.