PDA

View Full Version : Did I get a good deal?

CptHawkeye
06-28-04, 01:07 PM
Hey all, this morning I decided to take a trip down to CompUsa, as I had heard about their offer about 30% off all PNY cards. I was interested in the 6800gt.

Well they tried to give me some crap about it not shipping yet, but he made the mistake of saying that they were "out of stock."

Well the Jewish lawyer in me took control and said that since that means they would have it under any normal circumstances, I still deserve the 30% discount and I would just go ahead and preorder one.

Well after a little more wheelin and dealin the manager led me over to the business section where I preordered and paid for a Nvidia 6800gt Verto (yadda yadda you know the specs) for the grand total of $296.79 .
Should be in sometime next week.

Well, what do you think, did I do ok?

sonyman
06-28-04, 01:09 PM
Hey all, this morning I decided to take a trip down to CompUsa, as I had heard about their offer about 30% off all PNY cards. I was interested in the 6800gt.

Well they tried to give me some crap about it not shipping yet, but he made the mistake of saying that they were "out of stock."

Well the Jewish lawyer in me took control and said that since that means they would have it under any normal circumstances, I still deserve the 30% discount and I would just go ahead and preorder one.

Well after a little more wheelin and dealin the manager led me over to the business section where I preordered and paid for a Nvidia 6800gt Verto (yadda yadda you know the specs) for the grand total of $296.79 .
Should be in sometime next week.

Well, what do you think, did I do ok?
From a fellow Jewish person aspiring to be a lawyer, hoo-rah! Unfortunately, I was not as lucky at my CUSA and they wouldn't budge.

Scott

revbatboy
06-28-04, 01:20 PM
From a Buddist IT you did good. :)

PiIsExactly3
06-28-04, 01:39 PM
From a Christian unemployed new college grad, you did good as well.

Now lets all join hands and sing about diversity! Hooray!

revbatboy
06-28-04, 01:49 PM
From a Christian unemployed new college grad, you did good as well.

Now lets all join hands and sing about diversity! Hooray!

:lol2:

Gator
06-28-04, 02:42 PM
impressive job :clap: