PDA

View Full Version : problems

DARK-NIGHT
06-28-04, 03:09 PM
hi all, ive got a big problem, i finally installed a mainbord with agp8X, and my geforce4 is capable with agp8X, but when i go to my bios, and set the rate to agp8X and voltage to 1.5 volts, wich should be right, then when i started windows and go to the advanced part of the geforce 4, it has to say, Bus............agp8X, but it doenst, it say's that its an PCI bus, now i got the latest drivers installed, and everything else i need, i even did test my geforce FX5600/TD and that card certanly has agp8X, it also said it was an pci bus rate, sow what could be wrong afterall??? if u know it, please tell me, got finaly an agp8X bord, it doesnt work:S:S

thanx anyway.........

dark

zer0xp
06-28-04, 03:15 PM
What you have to do is, make sure that your chipset drivers are installed... This is a common problem... What kind of board do you have? If you tell me, i can point you in the rght direction of the file you need.

DARK-NIGHT
06-28-04, 03:18 PM
ive got an asus p4s8x-x mainbord, but hey u said the golden line, im gonna install that crap first wich is on the cd of the mainbord :D thanx :D (spit)

rewt
06-28-04, 03:18 PM
now i got the latest drivers installed, and everything else i need...

Is that including chipset drivers?

zer0xp
06-28-04, 03:19 PM
You know what to do, good luck :D

DARK-NIGHT
06-28-04, 03:25 PM
it worked:D:D:D:D finally i can play games with more speed and details :D:D:D thnx dude's :D

greetz dark

phantom1979
06-28-04, 03:45 PM
"i go to my bios, and set the rate to agp8X and voltage to 1.5 volts, "

Do you have to change the voltage to use 8x? I have exactly the same Mobo except the athlon version adn my one comes up 8x with no voltage change.... or am I missing something here?

jimmor
06-28-04, 06:26 PM
"i go to my bios, and set the rate to agp8X and voltage to 1.5 volts, "

Do you have to change the voltage to use 8x? I have exactly the same Mobo except the athlon version adn my one comes up 8x with no voltage change.... or am I missing something here?

you should not have to select any voltage setting for AGP, it will be set automatically by mobo !

DARK-NIGHT
06-29-04, 08:47 AM
you should not have to select any voltage setting for AGP, it will be set automatically by mobo !

yeah true, it sets it automatically, but i did change the voltage because agp8X only works on 1,5 volts, wich i read in the manual that came with this bord, could set it back to auto detect, but now it works also :D