PDA

View Full Version : Bfg 6800 Gt Order From Outpost Gone Ugly

kingmike
06-28-04, 11:11 PM
Just a warning, do not order from outpost, they screwed my order up.
I had a BFG 6800 GT ordered and because they messed up on my address verification, got my zip code wrong, even tho I have an order history using the same billing and shipping address. They gave my card to another customer. :lame:
I was one of the first to get in on the order, they had 23 in stock, I was the 4th.
So, Instead of contacting me so we could correct their mistake, they decided to sell it to someone else. Now they have my money tied up so I cannot order from another company. Get this, there response was, yes, we made the mistake with your zip code, but there is nothing we can do :lame: Don't ask how angry I am right now!!!!!!

sonyman
06-28-04, 11:15 PM
Ack! That is extremely gay!

Scott

Banko
06-28-04, 11:20 PM
I got lucky mine shipped :/

kingmike
06-28-04, 11:23 PM
My debit card was charged for the total amount, yet it was not shipped out :fu:

MUYA
06-28-04, 11:26 PM
Sorry to hear that bud. :( The dencent thing they could do is to offer u a lil discount of some sort etc.

kingmike
06-28-04, 11:31 PM
A manager is suppose to call tomorrow, I hope something can be done, but I dought it. By the time my money is available, most of the cards will be gone :argh:

mordeki
06-28-04, 11:42 PM
I was just lurking here checking out the boards and saw this post. They claimed the same thing happened to me. They tried to verify a card that I have used online a bunch of times and then claimed that the zip code didnt match. And then without a email they cancelled my order. When I called they filled me in. They claimed that they had sent an email but i recieved none. Anyway that had me pretty um....happy. Wonder if you are the guy who got the card number switched with or is it just an excuse because of lack of stock?

kingmike
06-28-04, 11:43 PM
This is the email they sent back to me

Thank you for taking the time to send us your thoughts. Your comments
and suggestions are important to us, and we will direct your message
to
the appropriate personnel for their review. Also, please feel free to
call us at 1-877-OUTPOST (688-7678) or 1-860-927-2050.

The Outpost.com Customer Service Team
http://www.outpost.com
1-877-OUTPOST
1-860-927-2050
http://www.outpost.com/entry?site=kana:outpost

Original message follows:
-------------------------

Order Number: J6106260

Message: Your company screwed my order up! you messed up my address
verification, even tho I have an order history with your company and
used the same info! I talked to mindy and she confirmed that my zip
code
was indeed correct, so she resubmitted my order to accounting, but
you
gave my card to someone else. I put my order in on time to get the
you had in stock. but instead of contacting me and correcting the
mistake you made, you sold the card to someone else :(
I demand an apology, and your mistake corrected. Fix this now or you
have lost me as a customer, plus I will contact reseller ratings and
spread the word about your service :(

Sazar
06-28-04, 11:48 PM
bit harsh @ the end... normally customer service reps don't feel inclined to be helpful when there are minor threats or aggresive comments...

agree whole-heartedly with the rest of the response... they should definitely fix the problem and should either give you a discount or priority ship the product to you...

given the threats I am not sure how inclined they will be to do either :(

best of luck though... I sure as hell am not ordering from them if they don't fix this right...

:thumbsup: g.luck

combat_wombat
06-28-04, 11:50 PM
seems like getting these cards is like winning the lottery. me thinks nvidia has a new business model to work on

kingmike
06-28-04, 11:52 PM
I talked to a rep. named Mindy who said my card would ship out tonight after she corrected the zip code problem. She supposedly checked to see if it was still there for me. Later I called back to see if indeed it shipped. Another rep. told me my order was now on back order :lame:

kingmike
06-28-04, 11:59 PM
bit harsh @ the end... normally customer service reps don't feel inclined to be helpful when there are minor threats or aggresive comments...

The reason I was harsh was because they charged my account! But did not ship the product I paid for, and now I have to wait until my money is available before I can order from another company.

Sazar
06-29-04, 12:03 AM
I hope everything works out for you...

kingmike
06-29-04, 12:05 AM
Thank you Sazar :)

mordeki
06-29-04, 12:10 AM
My order number was off of yours by almost 250. Think that maybe they recieved a lot of orders and their site couldnt keep up? So they just dumped a verification excuse out?

Banko
06-29-04, 12:16 AM
well my order number is only 6 off from his and I already have a tracking number should be here tommorow.

mordeki
06-29-04, 12:20 AM
Well then that just sucks for us. Of course even if they tell us they will ship us the first of the next batch to make up for the error who knows when they will get more. Of course I doubt they would jump us in line anyway.

kingmike
06-29-04, 12:21 AM
If I did not get it ordered in time, why did the rep. tell me I had the 4th order?
are they that misinformed? Sorry, but what a JOKE!