PDA

View Full Version : Has the NV40 made you wanna play some older games?

ChrisRay
06-29-04, 02:13 AM
I mean play through them again.

I have been considering installing No One Lives Forever 2, and Neverwinter Nights and playing through the NWN campaign again. Even with my 5900 I was never totally satisfied the Image Quality of the Anti Aliasing in that game so I wanted to play it again.

All these urges to game again with new hardware. I guess we all go through this. Though I havent had these urges since I got my Geforce 4 Ti 4200 :)

Chris

Arioch
06-29-04, 02:20 AM
Well I have felt that way with my X800XT - running around in Mafia at 2048x1536 is pretty cool. I also may fire up Arx Fatalis again or even Ultima 9.

Jedi Rainman
06-29-04, 02:24 AM
Yeah, it does, but I don't have my damn card from BB yet so.... :bash:

PiIsExactly3
06-29-04, 02:31 AM
I might finally finish the dark side in KOTOR when my GT and other components arrive.

I wonder how big of a leap from my 8500LE it will be... :wonder:

Arioch
06-29-04, 02:46 AM
The Dark Side is a lot more fun and has a better storyline then the light side in KOTOR.

PiIsExactly3
06-29-04, 03:11 AM
I was noticing. Then school got the best of me...

Videl
06-29-04, 03:42 AM
All gaming stopped months ago for me... The way i see it, whats the point in playng through games, when with a 6800 you can play them with all the eye candy. I never thought id have to wait so many months for the damn things to be shipped.

So here i am, have got new and old games lined up to play, with nooooothing to do but wait. Im getting bored out of my head here... decided to download entire season of ST:TNG... but that will only keep me going for a day or so :(

Wish id never hear about these advanced things before they are actually on shelves :/

--Videl

CaptNKILL
06-29-04, 06:09 AM
after i get mine i'll do my yearly run through of Deus Ex, this time with some insane resolution and AA\AF... then i might go grab DX:IW for $20 and see how it runs on a 6800 GT.

PaiN
06-29-04, 06:51 AM
I stopped playing NWN: SoU \ HotU so I can finish the game(oops, I mean Epic) in style...on a 6800U :cool2:
don't know why but its very hard for me to want to play a game I finished again....so I dought I'll be going back to anything.
Besides NWN, I also want to finish PaiNkiller and Thief: DS ....before D3s release

noko
06-29-04, 06:26 PM
yeap, Mafia box has been talking to me lately ;), MaxPayne2 maybe a quick fix as well until DoomIII arrives and other top contenders. Also my old game FarCry (I guess I consider any game I finished old :) ) would be cool to play again.

Ahriman6
06-29-04, 07:54 PM
This PCIe NV45 made me reinstall Sacrifice. I'm pulling around 75-80 fps in the game at 1280x960 with 8xS AA and 8x AF. Very nice.

jAkUp
06-29-04, 08:05 PM
The only game I have installed right now is Mortal Kombat 4 (lol) and UT2004, I'm gonna play through FarCry again, also I wanna go through MaxPayne2 again... and some painkiller once the new drivers are released;) And once nV releases official drivers, I'm gonna format and start gaming again :)

PiIsExactly3
06-29-04, 08:52 PM
I'm also gonna load up FF3 and play with full aa and af.

:bleh:

zoomy942
06-29-04, 10:53 PM
I mean play through them again.

I have been considering installing No One Lives Forever 2, and Neverwinter Nights and playing through the NWN campaign again. Even with my 5900 I was never totally satisfied the Image Quality of the Anti Aliasing in that game so I wanted to play it again.

All these urges to game again with new hardware. I guess we all go through this. Though I havent had these urges since I got my Geforce 4 Ti 4200 :)

Chris

when you played NOLF2, did yoiu have that crazy studdering probloem that i have read about in lots of places?

shabby
06-30-04, 07:29 PM
I believe trespasser is playable with todays hardware... heh.

TacT
06-30-04, 08:47 PM
pacman 3d and space invaders :afraid:

Son Goku
06-30-04, 08:51 PM
Playing old games on new hardware, can sometimes be, well interesting :D An old DX 2.0 game I used to play "Deadly Tide", had some interesting effects when played on newer hardware. Speaking of a rush, there was no limit (it seems) to how fast this game would run.

By the time I had a PII 400, 192 MB RAM, and a V3 (then), this thing ran so fast...I had to be on the edge of my seat, in like super-concentration mode...it went so fast. Perhaps when I upgrade latter on to an Athlon 64, and whatever gfx card I might get then, I'll try to load it again, just to see... The friggen game was already on steroids when I played it last several systems ago :D I wonder if I could move the joystick as fast as I would probably need too...