PDA

View Full Version : BFG 6800U - Where to preorder?

Ice Nine
06-29-04, 10:13 AM
It seems like no one is letting you preorder this card at the moment. Best buy's site says "Sold out" and won't let you order, and I can't find any other shops that sell this particular card.

Does anyone know of a place that's allowing you to preorder the BFG 6800 Ultra OC? Or is there another card that has a comparable spec/speed without doing an intentional overclock? I'm not big on overclocking personally, so I really want the fastest 6800U out of the box.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-k

Ruined
06-29-04, 10:31 AM
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30155

Jedi Rainman
06-29-04, 12:10 PM
It seems like no one is letting you preorder this card at the moment. Best buy's site says "Sold out" and won't let you order, and I can't find any other shops that sell this particular card.

Does anyone know of a place that's allowing you to preorder the BFG 6800 Ultra OC? Or is there another card that has a comparable spec/speed without doing an intentional overclock? I'm not big on overclocking personally, so I really want the fastest 6800U out of the box.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-k

Good luck trying to be a last minute shopper. I am sure you can find them, but at what price? Thats the real question to ask...

Ice Nine
06-29-04, 12:24 PM
Good luck trying to be a last minute shopper. I am sure you can find them, but at what price? Thats the real question to ask...

Oh, I just want to put in a preorder. I don't care if it takes a month to get, I'm patient.

Apparently getting an EVGA ultra extreme board is lottery-style, you have to be picked to buy it. I put my name in the hat, but I won't hold my breath...

I figure the BFG is the best "2nd choice", but Best buy won't let you preorder one for some reason... and the sites in the above post are either from not-so-reputable dealers or are gouging the price of the card...

That's why i'm wondering if anyone else will let you preorder the thing.