PDA

View Full Version : A few ? on network bridges...

EDWARD TIVRUSKY
06-29-04, 01:09 PM
computer 1 has 2 nics. computer 2 also has 2 nics. computer 3 has 1 nic.

nic 2 on computer 1 is connected directly to nic 2 on computer 2 (crossover cable).

nic 1 on all computers connects to a hub.

i would like both nics on computer 1 to have the same ip address, and both nics on computer 2 to have a single DHCP ip address from computer 1.

is this possible?

how would i be able to set this up? what software could i use?

Edit: I had help from someone i know who knows enough to at least clean up the post but is also stumped

EDWARD TIVRUSKY
06-29-04, 09:18 PM
I rewrote the post above so it makes more sense, since i'm such a n00b. :p Oh, and BUMP

fleshonbone
06-29-04, 10:29 PM
Why do you need a hard connection between comp1 and comp2?

Why not just have one nic for all your computers and simply connect them to a router? you could direct traffic much easier than trying to do it with wires, as your setup seems to be doing.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

retsam
06-29-04, 10:54 PM
would like both nics on computer 1 to have the same ip address cant do it dude
or do you mean the same subnet???? are you trying to do load balancing ? what is the purpose of all this ?? please be more spacific on what your goals are ..... i can be more help to you if you are .....

retsam

zoomy942
06-29-04, 11:00 PM
i work in a network control center, and we just need need to know a few more details on this and we all can put in some input. (also, :) just get an 802.11G network! woohoo!)

EDWARD TIVRUSKY
07-02-04, 12:21 PM
My goal is to run the two connections like they're one, possibly that load balance thing. Since i have no money, :cry: i have to work with what i have, so that is why i have the switching cable. Oh, and did i mention i'm a n00b. :p Perhaps that is why the post was/is so confusing. :D

Ryoko
07-02-04, 03:28 PM
there is also a thread on rage3d that has a little bit more info

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33767002