PDA

View Full Version : My Geforce 6800 GT Arrived

John the Canuck
06-29-04, 06:38 PM
Well, the title of the thread says it all. My e-VGA 6800 GT arrived. I got home from work, and there it was. Now, I'm off to reinstall and plug that baby in! Doom 3 and Half Life 2 here I come.

six_storm
06-29-04, 08:23 PM
Congrats. We are having a crisis with our orders from Best Buy.

Ruined
06-29-04, 09:05 PM
Congrats. We are having a crisis with our orders from Best Buy.

For real, this is poor.

CoSWill
06-29-04, 09:17 PM
Well, the title of the thread says it all. My e-VGA 6800 GT arrived. I got home from work, and there it was. Now, I'm off to reinstall and plug that baby in! Doom 3 and Half Life 2 here I come.

Congrats on your new card :) It looks like eVGA have kept their end of the bargain. Me? Oh I ordered from BestBuy :banghead:

John the Canuck
06-29-04, 09:34 PM
That's really sucks for you guys. I'm sure you'll be blown away when you install the card. A big improvement from my 5800.

Rytr
06-29-04, 10:07 PM
Congratz John!
Hey, the rest of you guys hang in there, I've got a eVGA 6800GT in the mail so I'm waiting with ya! :D

six_storm
06-29-04, 10:13 PM
For real, this is poor.
Sorry, I just was really looking forward to getting my card on Friday. Everytime I order something online, something always goes beserk. My luck huh?

BTW, let us know how your E-VGA card works man.

John the Canuck
06-29-04, 10:27 PM
Well, I haven't done any benching but I've been playing a few games and it's pretty awesome so far. It runs Far Cry way better than my 5800 did. Although it wasn't that bad. Everything is cranked to very high, 4xAA, 4xAF and it's pretty smooth. I'm pretty busy, so maybe this weekend I'll have something posted. It is Canada Day on Thurs, and Spider-man comes out Wed, plus work. Anyway, I'm sure your cards will be in soon. I ordered last night and it was in today. I did have it rushed though.

anzak
06-29-04, 10:33 PM
A week from Thursday... :lame:

six_storm
06-29-04, 10:55 PM
A week from Thursday... :lame:
I heard that man. I've got a LAN party over here at my place Friday night and I was going to show this ATI punk what's up. Too bad I won't have it by Friday afternoon. Stupid Best Buy.

coldpower27
06-29-04, 10:56 PM
Ooh so geforce 6800 GT's are starting to become available in Canada? That is good news, since i live in Canada also. I have never owned an ATI card, I have always liked Nvidia, thank god, I didn't need to get any of the Geforce FX series, the Geforce 6800 series looks so great. I am glad Nvidia is allright again, I can get one of their cards with full confidence again :D

bkswaney
06-29-04, 10:58 PM
I heard that man. I've got a LAN party over here at my place Friday night and I was going to show this ATI punk what's up. Too bad I won't have it by Friday afternoon. Stupid Best Buy.

Enjoy having a Nvidia card to show up ATI cards. :drooling:
It's been a while since nvidia had such a good card.
Nvidia is back in the game and leading now though. :D

six_storm
06-29-04, 11:08 PM
Enjoy having a Nvidia card to show up ATI cards. :drooling:
It's been a while since nvidia had such a good card.
Nvidia is back in the game and leading now though. :D

True that. Once I ordered a 5200FX a while back, I finally got into the hardware scene and realized how bad NVIDIA had done. It will BARELY run FarCry period.

John the Canuck
06-29-04, 11:21 PM
I had an Radeon 7500 and i was nothing but disappointed by it. Then I made the move to Nvidia with the Geforce 2. Then I had a Geforce 4 Ti4600 --> FX 5800 --> 9800 Pro. I took the 9800 Pro back a short while after I had bought it, b/c the price at the time wasn't worth the upgrade for me. Now, I have a 6800 Gt and it's smoking. I just tried Halo, and wow! What a huge improvement this card is for me. To that other guy in Canada. They aren't available here yet. I saw an MSI for preorder and it was 840 plus tax. There's no way I'd pay a thousand bucks for a video card. I ordered my card from evga.com which is based in California. It came to 540 Canadian. So what are you waiting for and order one. You won't be disappointed.

bkswaney
06-29-04, 11:29 PM
True that. Once I ordered a 5200FX a while back, I finally got into the hardware scene and realized how bad NVIDIA had done. It will BARELY run FarCry period.

I was not to happy with the 5950 I had.
Then I got in a Asus 9800Pro-256. It was ok
but I had a feeling the new round of cards were going
to just kill any past card. I was right. I'm glad I sold
it a couple of months back.
Now I need my GTOC. This GF3 I'm running right
now is killing me. :(

JoKeRr
06-30-04, 12:14 AM
lol, I'm also using a geforce 3. :retard:

hey, the evga 6800GT for 540 CA, did that include tax and shipping?? sounds pretty damn good deal to me.

Vagrant Zero
06-30-04, 12:14 AM
Well, I haven't done any benching but I've been playing a few games and it's pretty awesome so far. It runs Far Cry way better than my 5800 did. Although it wasn't that bad. Everything is cranked to very high, 4xAA, 4xAF and it's pretty smooth. I'm pretty busy, so maybe this weekend I'll have something posted. It is Canada Day on Thurs, and Spider-man comes out Wed, plus work. Anyway, I'm sure your cards will be in soon. I ordered last night and it was in today. I did have it rushed though.

What resolution? Can you run it smoothly at those settings on 1600x1200?

bkswaney
06-30-04, 12:52 AM

hey, the evga 6800GT for 540 CA, did that include tax and shipping?? sounds pretty damn good deal to me.

At least u have a Ti500.
Mine is the very first GF3 to be released with a 200 core and 480 memory. "lol" :(

JoKeRr
06-30-04, 10:52 AM
At least u have a Ti500.
Mine is the very first GF3 to be released with a 200 core and 480 memory. "lol" :(

damn, guess we're on the same boat...hm, hopefully the canadian local store won't charge me like 600$$+tax for a GT. patience is key for getting a good deal in Canada :lame:

evilpanda
08-06-04, 11:06 PM

I am intrigued. For 540 CA you'd have to get the 6800 GT at 399$ US with no shipping charges, no taxes, duties... how did you manage to pay only that much?

wures7
08-06-04, 11:25 PM
I think we can get an evga card alot faster than waiting for a Bestbuy preorder. I think most people here want the BFG.

ghostboy
08-06-04, 11:39 PM
I have a bfg on order but I would take an MSI if it becomes available before...

MUYA
08-06-04, 11:49 PM
Please use this thread from now on thanks

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33123