PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in doing the MS Live referal sign-up?

LiquidX
06-29-04, 11:12 PM
Posted this at [H] also if I get know one.

This is some great marketing.

Well I got a e-mail saying if I refer a buddy who signs up to Live for the 12 months they would give us both a game of our choosing from Links 2004, Top Spin, or RalliSport Challenge 2. I really want RalliSport and can save some money and wanted to know if anyone is interested in signing up to Live for the year which cost $49.99. We both get a game and I will even pay $20 on the Live bill, so you end up getting Live for a year and a game for $30. :)

Anyone? Also the games are first come first serve so RalliSport will go fast.

Gamespot also has some info on it.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/0...ws_6101650.html

Edge
06-30-04, 12:23 AM
I saw this, I'm interested in it, but right now I don't have an active account. Question: if you sign up with a 2-month trial, and then add a 12-month account onto it, will it still be eligable for this deal? If so I might be willing to sign up to get a free game. Also if you didn't get the Email, can you still take advantage of this deal?

LiquidX
06-30-04, 02:05 AM
Good questions Edge.

if you sign up with a 2-month trial, and then add a 12-month account onto it, will it still be eligable for this deal? No, the person referd must purchase and activate 12-month trial by July 29 to be eligable. They have to be new to live.

Also if you didn't get the Email, can you still take advantage of this deal?

From what I read only if your sent an e-mail from a buddy to join. Because you need a special code from the sent e-mail. But I am not really sure.

Read more on it.
http://www.xboxlive-friends.com/freegames/offerdetail.aspx

If anything I would be the referer being that they sent me an e-mail, you would just have to sign on for the year once I send you an e-mail to join. I am going to read up on it to make sure though so that there no loop-holes but it seems pretty straight forward if anyone wants to do this.

Me refer whoever via e-mail - they purchase a 12-month subsription and activate by July 29 (I will even help pay it) - MS validates if we qualify - we both get a free game of our choice - My choice will be Rallie Sport 2. :drooling:

St Lobus
06-30-04, 06:43 AM
I've been meaning to sign up for Live for a while now, and I think this would be a great time. I'll do it.

stlobus@msn.com

LiquidX
06-30-04, 03:35 PM
Hey St Lobus sent you an e-mail to get your info. Edge if still interested get back to me bro. :)