PDA

View Full Version : What I want to know is

SignorSalad
06-30-04, 08:39 PM
How the heck does Comp U Plus and Game Eve, and several other smaller etailers get dozens if not 100s of BFG 6800 GTs and other brands, but Newegg, one of the largest enthusiast resellers out there, gets none or just gets a tiny tiny amount.

I don't get it. If anyone should be near the first in line to get a large volume of stock, you'd think it would be Newegg, right behind a giant retailer like Best Buy.

cam9786
06-30-04, 08:40 PM
Yeah, I been wondering the same thing too. CompUSA has none! I'm getting so pissed that giant retailers don't have ****, while other plcaes online have tons to sell!

Raptorman
06-30-04, 08:52 PM
I'm glad they have the GT's. LOL, I'm waiting on my 6800 Ultra. I've ordered it from both GameVE and BestBuy.....yet I have nothing.

Jarred
06-30-04, 09:14 PM
hopefully I'll be picking up my 6800ultra tomorrow from PC club...

but yeah I hear ya, newegg should have'em

Carbon Unit
07-01-04, 03:12 AM
The reason why the big retailers dont have the new cards in stock (or not selling them) is that they dont want to canabalize the sales of all the currect stock of video cards, take the 9800xt wich still sells for around $500, why I am not sure, it should be selling for $199

Snooka
07-01-04, 03:38 AM
I swear... This teasing is too much. I CAN'T TAKE IT!!!11!!11!!1

Why can't any of these places around Tracy in California have any in stock. :(

OMG!!!!!!!!11!!1 I'm just gonna spend my rupees on something else. =/

Jarred
07-01-04, 03:57 AM
I swear... This teasing is too much. I CAN'T TAKE IT!!!11!!11!!1

Why can't any of these places around Tracy in California have any in stock. :(

OMG!!!!!!!!11!!1 I'm just gonna spend my rupees on something else. =/

You live in Tracy CAlifornia!? thats my home town. Word of advice, GET OUT. :)

Do they have a club yet? casue when I left, they had a freakin MALL, Best Buy, etc, but not a single CLUB.

sorry off topic....

Snooka
07-01-04, 04:25 AM
Nope. Same old Tracy. But we do have a COSTCO and a load of new misc. shops. Oh, and lots of more homes. It's still cheaper to live out here and commute to the Bay Area for work. Luckily, I work in Livermore. :)

My hometown is San Jose. For fun, it's either San Jose, San Francisco, or Sacramento. Heh...or Vegas. :spank:

Here's the first thought I had when I drove over the Altamont and saw that little town: "TRACY. POPULATION: You"

PaiN
07-01-04, 06:14 AM
How the heck does Comp U Plus and Game Eve, and several other smaller etailers get dozens if not 100s of BFG 6800 GTs and other brands, but Newegg, one of the largest enthusiast resellers out there, gets none or just gets a tiny tiny amount.

I'm not going to pretend to know how this business works, Mr.Salad....but I agree.....something isn't right.
Cabon Unit's explanation seems too be the most resonable I heard. But afew things doesn't fit...Why would the big retailers and on-liners have large stocks of older high-end vid cards 1.when they knew new parts were coming, 2.high end-end vid cards (like the 98XT / FX59xx) are not really big sellers to start with and 3. they would be entering the slow summer buying season....just imo