PDA

View Full Version : WOW Beta..play or sell..that is the question

traak
06-30-04, 09:23 PM
Well..here is a tuff one :) . I just got into beta and downloaded. Played for a couple hours and Its really cool. I'm thinking this is great!! Then I go to Ebay for some other items and for the heck of it type WOW beta. Boy, I wish I hadn't. Beta accounts going for over $300!! Now, normally I would laugh it off and enjoy my beta account B...U....T....There is a Nvidia thing called the 6800 pro (or Ultra)..hmmmm...wish I hadnt went to ebay :) . I know its my duty to fullfill my promise to beta test but we're talking 6800 money!!

And I thought deciding getting married or not was tuff!!

-=DVS=-
06-30-04, 09:45 PM
If people dumb enough to pay for BETA account , geez dude sell it offcourse :screwy:

Edge
06-30-04, 09:47 PM
I'd say...sell it. Maybe it's just me...but dude, $300 for a game!?! And it's a game you didn't even pay for in the first place! And just think of it: if they do a P-wipe then all your progress would be gone by the time the game is released anyway, and with that $300 you can just buy the game (not to mention 5 others) and you'll even have a head start in knowledge. Either way you don't lose anything...unless Blizzard cancels your account when they figure out you're trying to sell it...but that wouldn't happen...right?

Helanic Frost
06-30-04, 10:30 PM
I'd say...sell it. Maybe it's just me...but dude, $300 for a game!?! And it's a game you didn't even pay for in the first place! And just think of it: if they do a P-wipe then all your progress would be gone by the time the game is released anyway, and with that $300 you can just buy the game (not to mention 5 others) and you'll even have a head start in knowledge. Either way you don't lose anything...unless Blizzard cancels your account when they figure out you're trying to sell it...but that wouldn't happen...right?

Sell it, people are stupid. The game will be in stores in september, you are only talking a couple of months and you can play it all you want and not have to deal with a beta wipe. Anybody with half a brain can make a fortune in playing MMORPGs because of all the stupid schmucks in the world who don't like a challenge or can't wait for a beta to end. I remember when you could sell a Lamentation sword on ebay for $100-$150 and they weren't that hard to get. Sold my EQ live account last year for $600 and bought my FX5900 and some ram hehe.

Pafet
07-01-04, 05:17 PM
HAHAAHA easy money. Who are those people with all the extra money?

theultimo
07-01-04, 06:43 PM
HAHAAHA easy money. Who are those people with all the extra money?
And why cant they give ME any?

0rk.p0rk
07-02-04, 11:31 AM
Give me the Beta account :(

Badboy_12345
07-02-04, 11:48 AM
SELL! SELL! SELL!! :ORDER:
300 bucks for a beta account that you didnt pay anything for and will be wiped when the game is released, you would be dumb not to sell it!
For example its like knowing that your car will break down beyond repair in 5 months and someone offers you more than the car is worth... what do you do? sell it of course!

traak
07-04-04, 11:14 PM
Well I did it :) did a "buy it now" for only $175 and sold in less than an hour. Got real lucky too. That same night, got an email from EBAY stating they pulled all the beta auctions..hehe easy 175 :)...now..what to do with it :) I know..save for that 6800 :)

Edge
07-05-04, 02:01 AM
Wow, pretty nice. Could've raised the price a little now, people probably would've still bought it with a Buy It Now of $250. Still, $175 is certainly not bad at all! It takes me 3 full days of work to make that much...maybe I should make selling Betas a full time job :D

Mithan
07-07-04, 06:09 AM
Anybody buying the WoW beta for $300 is an idiot.

vampireuk
07-07-04, 07:31 AM
If I get a beta spot there is no way in hell I would sell it, I'm gonna play the damn thing so I have a advantage when I get the game, the accounts will be wiped but I'll have huge experience when I get the full game delivered :D

traak
07-07-04, 04:49 PM
I'm the total opposite. I like "beta testing" things by finding exploits and reporting them..after that I want to save the higher lvl end game stuff when it goes live. I just cant imagine being a lvl 50 in 2 weeks then get bored at the end game. I can now buy the game free and have extra cash to get that 6800 :)..but we are all different and can have different opinions thanks to the country we live in :)