PDA

View Full Version : PC to HDTV?

Gwave65
06-30-04, 09:50 PM
My HDTV has a VGA port on the back of it labeled "High Resolution". I want to hook my PC up to it to make the ultimate media center. When I plug my monitor cable in, the TV doesn't recognize the signal. I assume because the video card is outputing VGA which the TV doesn't understand. I know there are third party adapters you can hook up to your video card which will split the signal into 3 cables (Y Pr Pb) for component input. But I'm wondering if Nvidia or ATI makes a card that will actually output in the HDTV (Y Pr Pb) format so I can hook my monitor cable straight into my TV for a possible better picture. Any ideas?

kahloq
06-30-04, 09:54 PM
Most newer TV's have a selection menu that you can change the INPUT signal....IE DVD/VCR/DVD1/VCR1 etc. I know my HDTV has an input setting that recognizes vga signals from a video card. Yours may as well. Look in your manual and in your menu options for the TV. If not, contact the manufacturer of the TV and ask them.

Gwave65
06-30-04, 10:03 PM
Most newer TV's have a selection menu that you can change the INPUT signal....IE DVD/VCR/DVD1/VCR1 etc. I know my HDTV has an input setting that recognizes vga signals from a video card. Yours may as well. Look in your manual and in your menu options for the TV. If not, contact the manufacturer of the TV and ask them.

Unfortunately, I don't have those options in my menu and my manual sucks. BTW - I have a RCA D52130. I read in the following link some stuff about DVI. Can anyone elaborate on that?

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29501&highlight=hdtv

Cota
06-30-04, 11:49 PM
go to www.htpcnews.com they have several pc to hdtv guides