PDA

View Full Version : prescott (pentium 5?)VS hammer

borntosoul
10-21-02, 10:20 AM
im looking forward to the new pentium chip (prescott) with .09 micron ,ive been using amd for a while now and a change seems likely ,i know the hammer will be comin out about the same time but i think intel would be too hard to stop ,anyone got any goss ?

StealthHawk
10-21-02, 02:42 PM
depends if they have anything that can actually take full advantage of Prescott. dual-channel DDR is planned for P4 next year, but at what speeds?

sebazve
10-22-02, 04:45 PM
hmm P5 i think its more accurate to say P4 version II...:p

styles-T
10-22-02, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by borntosoul
anyone got any goss ?

Yeah the Price $$..

StealthHawk
10-22-02, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by !plonk*
Yeah the Price $$..

we don't know the price of Hammer. we can expect the same traditional prices from Intel probably.

LORD-eX-Bu
10-22-02, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by sebazve
hmm P5 i think its more accurate to say P4 version II...:p

Yeah, a little after P4 fist came out Intel said that they planned to have the Pentium 4 eventually reach 11 Ghz in its lifetime. I don't know if that is the case anymore, but it shouldn't be that long.;)

DXnfiniteFX
10-22-02, 11:45 PM
AMD prices are probably half the amount of Intel's most expensive. However, 64 bit processors running 32 bit code will still have a 15% performance advantage over a pure 32 bit processor. 64 bit code will really make Hammer fly. On the other hand, the Prescott will incorporate massive performance improvements with a total overhaul of the NetBurst Architecture. Hyper-threading only sweetens the deal. It will truly be a struggle for these two companies.

Somehow, I think nForce will make a significant impact on this war:)

Time will tell. Sooner or late, time will tell.

StealthHawk
10-23-02, 03:15 AM
NetBurst Architecture...because it makes the internet fly!

Go out and buy a Pentium 4 right now, for the low, low price of $1000 + expensive RDRAM. We know we don't support any other form of dram, but trust us, RDRAM is the wave of the future and the ONLY way to get any performance out of the new Pentium 4. Remember folks, Pentium 4's NetBurst Architecture will double your internet performance. Run to your nearest retailer today!

volt
10-23-02, 09:20 AM
Don't forget about the water fountain they will probably include.

LORD-eX-Bu
10-23-02, 12:11 PM
man I should have gotten RDRAM instead, I paid $170 for this memory, it would have probably been the same for RDRAM.:( :rolleyes: :D

sebazve
10-23-02, 05:33 PM
internet fly??? wtf is this.... i mean the only the way to make the internet fly is with a ****ing T3:p

netviper13
10-23-02, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by sebazve
internet fly??? wtf is this.... i mean the only the way to make the internet fly is with a ****ing T3:p

Guess you must not have seen the Intel commercials that swore upgrading to a P4 would improve the internet for a user.

LORD-eX-Bu
10-23-02, 07:23 PM
When I got this new computer on the internet, sure things loaded faster and all, but I didn't see any improvement in kbps or anything. But I like it.:D

sebazve
10-23-02, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by netviper13
Guess you must not have seen the Intel commercials that swore upgrading to a P4 would improve the internet for a user.

muhaahhahah so much BS!!!!!!, hehe dont you love marketting:p

StealthHawk
10-23-02, 10:27 PM
This just in! The awesome Pentium 4 has so much power that in its awesomeness it allows you to travel through time! That's right. no more waiting for those annoying little tasks to finish processing, with Pentium 4 you can send yourself into the future so the task is done instantaneously.

NetBurst Architecture- it's not a feature, it's a way of life.

ok, i'll stop now :p

SavagePaladin
10-25-02, 12:17 AM
You're all very wierd. I couldn't care less about the Prescott. I don't expect it'll be any good, especially in the way that matters to me ie: price
Hammers will be more expensive, no doubt, but the motherboards shouldn't be.

At first, of course, quite expensive...but it seems everything starts that way. Odd ;)

Gator
10-25-02, 12:43 PM
I think if they name it Pentium5 they'r ejust idiots. Penta means five, so Pentium5 would be like an oxymoron and redundant. rofl :D

I'm sure the Clawhammer will be here sooner, be just as fast, and be half the price :rolleyes: