PDA

View Full Version : 3DMark 2001SE crashes with 6800 GT!!!!!

Pantherman
07-01-04, 03:49 PM
I just received my GeForce 6800 GT this afternoon and put in my system. The first benchmark I ran was 3DMark 2003 and got 11022. This was at default speeds with Forceware 61.21, the drivers that came with the CD. I also ran a few of the Nvidia demos like Dawn and Gas Station. Everything worked fine. When I tried to launch 3DMark 2001SE, however, the benchmark immediately froze. I tried it again and then I saw some white dashes on the screen. This has been my only problem so far. I immediately thought I may be having a power supply issue, but everything else works great. There may be some problems the card has with 3DMark 2001SE. This is entirely possible since this is an older benchmark. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance for the advice.

undercover
07-01-04, 04:01 PM
I just received my GeForce 6800 GT this afternoon <snip>.

Sounds like one of the probs that several 6800NU owners have had.

Try http://www2.arnes.si/~mdolen/FillrateTester.zip

try running dxdiag.exe -> direct3d -> test with vsyc off in the NV control panel.

Do they work or crash ?

Rob J

jimmor
07-01-04, 05:21 PM
Sounds like one of the probs that several 6800NU owners have had.

Try http://www2.arnes.si/~mdolen/FillrateTester.zip

try running dxdiag.exe -> direct3d -> test with vsyc off in the NV control panel.

Do they work or crash ?

Rob J

other than the fact that the fillrate tester gives diff abstract numbers for diff resolutions and refresh rates, is there any documentation on what are norms or what is being tested and why ? Just interested how do you differentiate the good from the bad ??

undercover
07-01-04, 05:42 PM
? Just interested how do you differentiate the good from the bad ??

For me it produced crazy corrupted screen and locked the PC!

jimmor
07-01-04, 08:52 PM
For me it produced crazy corrupted screen and locked the PC!

I think then we can say either yours was one of the bad results, or, the program is not yet mature enough ?

In my case, it appeared to work ok and produced some numbers. But obviously I say appeared to work ok, only because I have no documentation on what I am looking for, and if the numbers I got were within expected range for my setup/card ?