PDA

View Full Version : Asus accepted my RMA!

ChrisRay
07-01-04, 07:37 PM
As you know Asus board died to a power issue. They sent me another.

So now I have 2 Nforce 2 Ultra boards, I'm gonna put together the other system right now. me so excited to finally get rid of this sdram board.

zoomy942
07-01-04, 09:25 PM
awesome! i wish i had room for another pc.. i have lots of parts.. besides.. my wife is pumped up for a laptop, so if a hook up a desktop.. she'll wonder whats going on.. anyway.. enjoy the second pc!

Gator
07-02-04, 07:46 AM
As you know Asus board died to a power issue. They sent me another.

So now I have 2 Nforce 2 Ultra boards, I'm gonna put together the other system right now. me so excited to finally get rid of this sdram board.

Why buy more compoents for another AthlonXP system, according to your signature you already have 2 of them. Wouldn't you rather sell the Nforce2 board your gonna receive? Or if you really want a 3rd computer, go Athlon64 ;)

ChrisRay
07-02-04, 04:49 PM
Why buy more compoents for another AthlonXP system, according to your signature you already have 2 of them. Wouldn't you rather sell the Nforce2 board your gonna receive? Or if you really want a 3rd computer, go Athlon64 ;)

I didnt buy a thing, I dont understand your question?

Asus sent me back the Nforce 2 board, I used my old stick of DDR333 Memory and put it in the board, Everything else was the same components.

#1. Didnt have to buy anything. Was all free

#2. Only thing I lost was time and saw an performance increase by switching Boards out, With the same CPU :)

#3. I get to use soundstorm in second PC rather than the Sblive Value :)

Oh Incase your curious. This is my 3dmark2001SE with my Sdram board.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7926704

This is the results with the Asus board they sent me for free, :)

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7943927

Keep in mind the first bench my 5900 was clocked 50 mhz faster.

I'd consider that worthy of the time invested no?

Chris

Gator
07-02-04, 05:16 PM
Oh I'm sorry, I was under the impression you had an extra Nforce2 motherboard now. MY bad

Kamel
07-02-04, 05:46 PM
i've got 3 pc's, all but my main rig are POS's though, heh. glad to see asus gave you an RMA -- you're a better man than me, lol.

what happened to it?

Dazz
07-03-04, 11:48 AM
I tell you this the nForce2 Ultra boards are indeed amazing i gone from an ASUS A7M266 (first Generation DDR board) to an MSI K7N2 DELTA (3rd Generation DDR board) and got beyong 2000pts by just replacing my board and still running an XP 2100+ w/ Crucial DDR 266 @ 266MHz 2/2/2/5 and thats with a GeForce4 Ti4400.