PDA

View Full Version : GeForce 6800 Waiting List !

SH64
07-01-04, 07:38 PM
This is the first thread for the Non-6800 owners to join the waiting list !!
to those unfortunate who couldent grab one yet & jump here everyday just to look like misrable kids waiting for thier gifts . :(

so you can relief you pain here while you'r waiting for you card .
tell your story , why couldent you get one yet ?, your plans till you get one .. etc :D

As for myself i'm planning to get a 6800U (& X800XT) ASAP !
the reason why i couldent get one is because i live in Kuwait & its going to take a while until the NV40 boards arrive here , let alone the short supplies issue !
my local stores are telling me thats it may take a month till they get some in the market , Yes a month ! thats 30 days i have to wait :fu:

in the meanwhile i'll try either to upgrade my PC carefully without spending much money or stay put until something occur . :zzzz:

kahloq
07-01-04, 09:20 PM
You live in Kuwait? Wow. Nice to meet ya :) You native or maybe military deployed?

SH64
07-01-04, 09:31 PM
You live in Kuwait? Wow. Nice to meet ya :) You native or maybe military deployed?

Nice to meet you too ! :)
.. yup i'm a native Kuwaiti & one of the first nVIDIA fans in Kuwait (bud) :D

kahloq
07-01-04, 09:45 PM
Very cool :) I was stationed in Egypt/Israel for a yr while in the US Army. Thats as close to Kuwait ive gotten.

Videl
07-02-04, 08:09 AM
Do you guys have to pay tax there?
Or is it a price money translation from $ to local currency?

TangledThorns
07-02-04, 01:16 PM
To SH64: Why cant you just order it, dosn't every Kuwaiti have a toilet made of gold? So you should afford it.

kahloq
07-02-04, 01:25 PM
To SH64: Why cant you just order it, dosn't every Kuwaiti have a toilet made of gold? So you should afford it.

Dude thats not very nice.

GlowStick
07-02-04, 01:27 PM
I might as well chime in here, basicly i am so unlucky, i didnt get in on the first shipment form bestbuy, LOL!

Redshirt #24
07-02-04, 02:26 PM
I'm just...waiting. I don't have the coinage for either of the high-end cards (actually, I did at the very very start of the X800 Pro rollout--but nobody had them), and probably won't for a while yet. (Damn car note.) And with various levels of price gouging going on, it's just not worth it--yet.

Bill The Cat
07-02-04, 02:54 PM

I think I can speak for the wide majority of the board when I say those statements aren't appreciated.

Moving on: I order from Hong Kong quite often. As with Kuwait, it is a major regional area of business for the US. There has to be some sort of shipping that reaches you. Or perhaps resellers are reluctant to ship overseas?

And out of sheer curiousity, what sort of price premium do you pay for parts in Kuwait?

Nv40
07-02-04, 03:34 PM
Nice to meet you too ! :)
.. yup i'm a native Kuwaiti & one of the first nVIDIA fans in Kuwait (bud) :D

yes good to know :D

im to waiting for COmpusa to have Gt's in stock.
im very busy playing LockON .. so i can wait a bit more until Doom3. still have not played FAcry :D because i want to do it in my Gt. :)

SH64
07-02-04, 05:58 PM

Look like you have no idea about the life in Kuwait , you just listen to what others say .

I'm like everyone in this great forum ... just a normal guy .
i'm neither rich nor spoiled , i work hard to earn my money .
believe me ... if i was rich i wouldent even bother talking to you right now ! ;)
(yes there are some people who spends thier money insanely , but they dosent represent the whole community!) .
I'm sorry to hear that from you .
& thanks to everyone didnt appreciate that statment .

anyway thats actually a part form my answer for your question & for Bills question :
As with Kuwait, it is a major regional area of business for the US. There has to be some sort of shipping that reaches you. Or perhaps resellers are reluctant to ship overseas?

There are some resellers here (like MSI & Abit) , but they'r telling me that (1)they are waiting for the prices to drop
& (2) The new gen video cards are not available in large quantities in US .. so its going to take time until they get a chance to order from thier manufacturers .

I didnt try online ordering because its a bit risky for me & i'm not experianced in shipping & taxes & the other stuff .
Also its going to take a while to get it deliverd & in meanwhile these video cards might reach the stores while i'm still waiting for my order !
& i'm afraid if i got my new video card & it wasent working .. what i'm going to do ? how i'm going to return it back or exchange it ? it wont be easy .

what sort of price premium do you pay for parts in Kuwait?

Ahh depends.. for the new hardware that arrives to market the prices are very high! & thats related to the high shipping taxes , storng currencey , lower availabality & higher demands .. etc .
but when the product gets widely available .. the prices drops to almost US prices level .

As for the meanwhile i'll stick to nvnews & perhaps replay some older games till i hear some news from my local stores :D

WoW! i cant believe that i worte all this !

MUYA
07-03-04, 02:25 AM
I am in Hong Kong and we ain't seeing naything on offer here except 6800 Non Ultras for $499. Yeah sucks not having online etailers in HKG and you guys in the west hogging all the allocations :( oh yeah Japan too.