PDA

View Full Version : amd guy asking an intel question

zoomy942
07-01-04, 09:26 PM
i am an avid amd user/overclocker. but i have an intel system at work, and the environment os great for overclocking... the room temp is kep\t at 65 degrees. well, how do i overclock an intel system? please dont tell me i can olnly do it in the bios..

jAkUp
07-01-04, 09:52 PM
which processor is it?
Overclocking an intel is easy, easier than amd systems since you dont need to mess around with multiplyers.. bascally just increasing the front side bus... and/or voltage to keep it stable. keep in mind that the bus on intel systems is quad pumped... so... if at work it is an 800fsb=200fsb...
220fsb=880fsb

saturnotaku
07-01-04, 11:24 PM
It's all moot point if your machines are running Intel-branded boards (or OEM versions thereof) as they don't allow any sort of overclocking.

Son Goku
07-02-04, 01:19 AM
Depending on your place of employment, they might not exactly appreciate their employees opening up their (OEM?) computers they provide for the desktop, voiding the warranty, and over-clocking them.

Are you sure that this might not cost you, your job or some sort of disciplinary action? I'm not sure about the policies of your place of employment, but I'm not sure I'd mess with the corporate computers in this way unless I had some sort of authority for going into/altering these boxes...

zoomy942
07-02-04, 08:58 AM
Depending on your place of employment, they might not exactly appreciate their employees opening up their (OEM?) computers they provide for the desktop, voiding the warranty, and over-clocking them.

Are you sure that this might not cost you, your job or some sort of disciplinary action? I'm not sure about the policies of your place of employment, but I'm not sure I'd mess with the corporate computers in this way unless I had some sort of authority for going into/altering these boxes...
that is vedry true.. but whats nice about where i work.. iks that i am the one who looks for things like that (among tons of other network responsibilities).. so i am home free..

mustrum
07-03-04, 09:26 AM
I OC'd my good old P4 1.8A with some software back when i used it.
I fear i don't know the softwarename anymore but it should be easy to find with google. (I found it that way back then)

zoomy942
07-03-04, 09:29 AM
hmmm.. i'll look for that software.