PDA

View Full Version : Chaintech 6800 GT In Stock at New Egg, $540, ouch!!

jcossin
07-01-04, 10:18 PM
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-145-085&depa=0

Only 2 left! Hurry if you want to be gouged but got to have it now!

ssj4goku887
07-01-04, 10:22 PM
sometimes i dont get why newegg even bothers having the 6800 gt on there i mean at that price you have to be a TOTAL DUMBA$$ to buy it u can always buy it from www.evga.com for 140 bucks less.

xdaishanx
07-01-04, 10:35 PM
sometimes i dont get why newegg even bothers having the 6800 gt on there i mean at that price you have to be a TOTAL DUMBA$$ to buy it u can always buy it from www.evga.com for 140 bucks less.

Bit harsh arent you ? I might say if I have plenty of $$ and want it guaranteed asap Newegg will get it there next day almost every time

Its same reason I bought the Chaintech GT for 499 from ZipZoomFly last week - people chastised some for paying that much - but have had my card for over a week now and played many an hour on it and well worth the money to me ( I bet there are many Best Buy ordering folks who are still gnashing teeth over not getting there's till next week )

So 60 bucks to me well worth having it almost two weeks before would have -

Nothing wrong with waiting and saving money either -to each there own - but just aggravates me to see posts like this attacking those who have the money

You order from EVGA and might get it couple days after or might be a week - you order from newegg you get it next day -

JayrodTremonki
07-01-04, 10:38 PM
Evga shipped next day =\ On their online store they don't put stuff on unless it's ready to ship.(hence no 6800 ultra)

MrSavoy
07-01-04, 11:09 PM
I have to say to me its not about the money its about being smart with ones money. I could have easily been one of the first to order a GT or an ultra for that matter but I will not give these companies the retarded high prices some of them wanted to be the "first one" on the block to have it. I will take 2 or 3 weeks later and pay the proper price. But hey, thats me to each his own I suppose. I cant help but feeling like a sucker paying way way over msrp. I mean ya its nice to be able to say you got it first but you know what, in 3 months when everyone has 1 do you think it will matter that you have yours 3 months and 2 weeks as opposed to someone having it 3 months even? Having the money to burn is fine, but blowing it just cause"you can" is silly imo. Thats my 2 cents. :rolleyes: