PDA

View Full Version : When is nV gonna release new drivers?

jAkUp
07-01-04, 11:56 PM
Anybody have any clue in hell? This is getting very ridiculous. I'm waiting on these drivers to do a full system format, and I don't wanna start playing my games and saving until I do so... I'm dying here nV!!!

I have had this card for almost exactly 1 month, and still there are no official drivers for it... beta this, beta that. At first it was ok, but I think somebody needs to light a fire under the driver teams ass :firedevil

Kev1
07-01-04, 11:59 PM
Hopefully new Forceware drivers and DirectX 9.0c standalone will be out by the end of the month.

Actually tomorrow isnt too early :)

jAkUp
07-02-04, 12:18 AM
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=356712#post356712

w00t! FarCry patch monday!

rewt
07-02-04, 03:57 AM
nV driver team supports Linux as well as Windows, so can't expect them to get everything done at once. There will have to be a new 3D stereo driver for the 6800 that goes along with the new Forceware driver. According to their website, the new Forceware release is supposed to have tons of added features as well. Maybe they just made too much work for themselves? Anyways, most everyone who has a 6800 now was only able to obtain since they knew about its release by reading the forums. Its still does not seem to be very widely available to the public. Everyone wondering why that there's no official drivers, but just need to realize you're lucky you already have the card in the first place. :)

jcossin
07-02-04, 09:11 AM
I do think it's odd that Nvidia hasn't release a new driver officially since April 1st. My guess is they are overwhelmed. I'm sure it's a big project to create backward compatible drivers that also support a new architecture.

ATI has been good about releasing new drivers (WHQL each time) once a month. But of course their architecture hasn't changed for awhile...

If I had to guess, I'd say certainly by 8/3 we'll see official drivers posted since Doom 3 will be benched everywhere and nVidia will want official driver support when it comes out.

Jedi Rainman
07-02-04, 12:43 PM
Maybe when FarCry 1.2 Patch hit, they might consider releasing a WHQL of 61.xx

Probably dreaming, but you never know...

skoprowski
07-02-04, 02:04 PM
We'll they have to release the new driver by Monday or no 6800 owners will be "officially" able to take advantage of the SM 3.0 optimizations. I am sure they are not going to rely on leaked beta drivers. They way Nvidia is updating drivers, I wouldn't be suprised if we see an official 62.XX release Monday. Of course, the day isn't over yet, and a lot of USA workers have Monday off, so maybe we will see drivers today :)

Headbust
07-02-04, 02:08 PM
i dont think it really matters. Official drivers aint gonna boost you 5000 FPS. The ones that are out now are probably pretty close to what official are going to be. You know anyway your gonna be trying out new drivers that are leaked anyway afterwords:)

skoprowski
07-02-04, 02:15 PM
Yes, but I believe only the leaked 61.71 drivers are SM 3.0 compliant. I don't believe the leaked 61.45 drivers are the same as the 61.45 beta drivers that the current Far Cry patch reviewers used. I may be wrong. But it is Nvidia not Ubisoft that is pimping out the new Far Cry patch, so I can't see them not releasing official drivers by Monday.

Scott

DMA
07-05-04, 10:27 AM
Getting my 6800GT today, so now is a good time for some new drivers.. :o
Come on NVIDIA, work harder! :POKE:

:)

SLippe
07-05-04, 01:53 PM
Probaly when Microsoft releases the new version of DX, at least, or the whole SP2.