PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone, anywhere have an XFX GF6800 GT?

npras42
07-02-04, 07:46 AM
Hey,

I ordered one around about 2-3 weeks ago from scan.co.uk and I still havent received it. I was wondering if anyone at all had them? I have noticed that dabs.com have just today got some in (so if any of you want one then get in there cause they only have 2 in stock), but no word from scan!

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you do have one, then what are your impressions of it...OC-ability...stabilty....HSF.... bundled software?

Cheers.

dan666
07-02-04, 08:30 AM
I phoned scan this morning and they said they were getting 3 XFX gt's in today, the only problem was there are 8 back orders, but then the guy I was speaking to said they may also get and order of 50 later today. Make of it what you will, i have tried to order one of those two from dabs with Sat delivery, fingers crossed!!

vläd
07-02-04, 09:09 AM
Look here! (http://www.gameve.com/gve/Store/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=VC-XFX-025)

Says in stock, but phone to verify.

Videl
07-02-04, 09:13 AM
I believe this is a UK thread.

PPL, PCworld components store has them in stock... as much as i hate those thieving ****tards, paying £30 extra doesnt seem all that bad... I think i will still wait for mine at £290 from somewhere else though.

undercover
07-02-04, 09:31 AM
http://www.pcwcomponentcentre.co.uk and search for 6800 :)

If it says 'add to basket' then there in stock. Ordered one on Wednesday, arrived Yesterday. Looks like a reference design card with FarCry and Splinter cell bundled.

Abotu 20 quid over price but if you really want one...

npras42
07-02-04, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the replies, especially Dan. I guess I must be one of those back-orders. Hopefully one of the first three!

Anyway, I kinda have to get it through scan because they offered Interest Free Credit for 6 months, and thats about the only way I can afford it. Your order has to be above £300 though, so I got some Acoustic Insulation padding stuff for my case.

undercover: I'm guessing Splinter Cell:Pandora Tomorrow right? Not the original... I already have FarCry, but sounds good. Have you tried overclocking?

dan666
07-02-04, 12:56 PM
Oh well Dabs didn't ship today, cancelled order, Guess i'll have to wait till next week. I phoned scan just in case anyway about 3pm but they hadn't recieved any yet... but I happen to be working in Blackburn next week just round the corner from Scan.. maybe i'll pop in and see them, save myself the shipping.

npras42
07-02-04, 03:47 PM
Its shipped and should be here on Monday. Just got the e-mail. Am soooo excited... lol.

burningrave101
07-04-04, 10:14 PM
http://www.pcwcomponentcentre.co.uk and search for 6800 :)

If it says 'add to basket' then there in stock. Ordered one on Wednesday, arrived Yesterday. Looks like a reference design card with FarCry and Splinter cell bundled.

Abotu 20 quid over price but if you really want one...

It comes with Far Cry and Splinter Cell? :(

I already have both of those!

I thought it would come with the same bundle that the XFX 6800u has.

npras42
07-05-04, 06:43 AM
It comes with Far Cry and Splinter Cell? :(

I already have both of those!

I thought it would come with the same bundle that the XFX 6800u has.

Mine didn't come with those. Just got it about an hour ago. Came with X2 - The Threat, MotoGP2 and Commandos 3.

Stolly
07-05-04, 08:50 AM
Has anyone received an Ultra from Scan as yet ?

I've placed an order for a Gainward Ultra golden sample, i'd love to know when they are expected in and where i am in the queue.

burningrave101
07-05-04, 10:30 AM
Mine didn't come with those. Just got it about an hour ago. Came with X2 - The Threat, MotoGP2 and Commandos 3.

Ok good. I was wanting to try out X2 - The Threat.

Mullins1060
07-05-04, 11:53 AM
i ordered mine saturday from overclockers.co.uk they said it had a lead time of 1-3 days so hopefully it will be here by thursday.

Demigod
07-05-04, 06:49 PM
Ordered an xfx from scan on saturday, got the shipping con this morning, I should have it tommorow, or wednesday :D

NoWayDude
07-05-04, 06:59 PM
Yup, still waiting for my order from Stack.Aparentely they will have stock on the 07/07.But then again so did they on the 05/07...Aniway, when i had my order with Overclokers.UK, for the GT (on the 15/05) first was next week, then soon, eventualy on the 16/06 e-mailed them, and was at least 3-4 weeks more.You guys get the point...Canceled it, and now waiting for 6800U
BTW, you can check availability in here (www.planetprices.co.uk/hardware/1049/2100449/1/Any-Geforce-FX-6800.html),
or go here (www.micromart.co.uk/default.asp?Category=stockists&StartLetter=M) for sites selling 6800 in the UK.Second link you probably need to do alpabethic search.