PDA

View Full Version : How to turn ON Optimizations AF and Trilinear in 61.36 WHQLed?

Templar
07-02-04, 04:07 PM
Hi guyz

Just got my 6800 Ultra baby today.

Now how do I turn on those optimizations, in the advanced mode the slider is greyed out and defaults to OFF.

I don't mind optimizations most of the time, just I mind not being told about them and being able to turn them off if I choose. However most of the time I want them ON since they do work at the minimal expense of image quality, most of the time ;).

So what can I do, please tell an ATi runaway :rolleyes:

Simon

Headbust
07-02-04, 04:24 PM
get coolbits

Templar
07-02-04, 04:41 PM
thanks.. very interesting post but the coolbits don't enable the slider.. mhhhh

nVidiaGuru
07-02-04, 04:42 PM
if you have the image quality to "High Quality" then you cant change them...if you put it on "Quality" then youll have the option to turn optimizations on or off

Templar
07-02-04, 04:43 PM
Thanks.. does lowering it to "quality" change anything else then enabling these settings?

Simon

nVidiaGuru
07-02-04, 04:46 PM
i dont think so, it the extra quality comes from disabling the optimizations

Banko
07-02-04, 05:39 PM
Erm guys can you help me out I can't even find any of the things you are talking about and I'm using Coolbits only thing it enabled for me was Clock Frequencies and some other things but I don't see where all these settings are at :/

OWA
07-02-04, 05:44 PM
They're talking about the sliders that are available on the performance and quality tab. The optimization options show up after you check the "advanced settings" checkbox in the application profile area.

Banko
07-02-04, 05:49 PM
Erm I don't have an application profile area :/

rewt
07-02-04, 06:45 PM
When I made coolbits 2, the drivers that were available had Application profiles. But I disabled them for the sake of getting back the OpenGL and Direct3D tabs. No worries, though, because you can get the App profile page back, simply by changing the value in the coolbits file, save, and then double click it. Should be

"NvCplEnableAppProfilePage"=dword:00000001

EnableAppProfilePage value to 1 will give you the App profile page as well as the advanced settings everyone has been talking about in this thread. If you need more help, please see my CoolBits 2 (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29541) thread in the driver forum.

Good luck! :)

Banko
07-02-04, 07:02 PM
Ahh thanks now I got it =]

MontoyaSG
07-03-04, 12:08 AM
optimisations are only turned on when you have the sliders set to quality & below

Templar
07-03-04, 03:08 AM
Thanks guyz for the help.. I do turn on AF optimizations since I can't notice the diffrence with them on or off.. Trilinear optimizations however do sometimes reduce the image quality... = OFF

Thanks again!

Simon

Templar
07-03-04, 03:10 AM
There wouldn't happen to be any fan control hack for these cards.. I find the fan in 2d a bit on the noisy side. If I underclock the card in 2d think the fan will slow down?

Simon