PDA

View Full Version : Official Nvidia driver release to coincide with FarCry 1.2?

Ruined
07-03-04, 08:51 AM
Well, FarCry 1.2 is coming out this Monday or Tuesday, and it supports SM3.0. However, Nvidia has not released any official drivers that support SM3.0 yet. That being the case, will Nvidia release official drivers on Monday or Tuesday to coincide with the FC1.2 patch?

rudedog
07-03-04, 09:03 AM
I was just going to post about this.

I would hope Nv would release drivers along with the 1.2 patch. Would be nice if they included the DXc rip.

Let's hope Monday moring brings us a nice suppise

MontoyaSG
07-03-04, 09:19 AM
only provided that DX9c gets released officially too

skoprowski
07-03-04, 09:41 AM
only provided that DX9c gets released officially too

no.......you just have to install the SP2 release candidate. I have been running it for a week no with zero issues.

jAkUp
07-03-04, 09:56 AM
I can only pray that nV releases some new drivers :)

Ruined
07-03-04, 10:10 AM
I don't get it I am reading a lot of people saying that dx9.0c is not required for end users for FarCry, only devs... What's up with that?

Ruined
07-03-04, 02:44 PM
Also that brings into question, *can* Nvidia release a standalone DX9.0c download? I know I've seen dx on driver and game CDs before, but can NV release it on their site even before MS does?

ChrisRay
07-03-04, 02:55 PM
Makes sense. Nvidia kinda has too. Needs SM 3.0 Drivers available.

Hereticiv
07-05-04, 10:47 AM
This is a bunch of crap, I bet nvidia will have the excuse that since SP2 with DX9.0c is not out yet (officially) why should we put drivers out to take advantage of SM3.0 when most systems will not be able to use it. The track record for both Nvidia and MS are not that great right now so I have a feeling we'll all be getting official drivers and SP2 in August. I hope I'm wrong...please let me be wrong. I'm also pissed because my computer totally died two days ago and I had to reformat and start from scratch (i did a low level format and it too 20 hours!!! 250gig drive...that sucked, no computer for about 2 days)

skoprowski
07-05-04, 10:53 AM
NVIDIA is the one that circulated the Far Cry 1.2 patch to reviewers last week, not Ubisoft. Nvidia will have the drivers ready today if the 1.2 patch does come out. Far Cry is the "magic app" the Nvidia needs to pimp out their 6800 series cards over ATI.

SLippe
07-05-04, 12:52 PM
Don't hold your breath. I'm betting they won't release 60 series drivers or higher until the next version of DX is released from Microsoft.

Bill The Cat
07-06-04, 12:36 AM
Don't hold your breath. I'm betting they won't release 60 series drivers or higher until the next version of DX is released from Microsoft.

I have to agree with that. Seeing as SP2 is slated for release around the end of this month or thereabouts, it would work well. Those hardcore gamers who want to take advantage of DX9.0c know where to find it, while the vast majority of people will be satisfied when it comes out prior to Doom 3 and Half Life 2