PDA

View Full Version : Old Nvidia Game

Pages : [1] 2

Axa
07-03-04, 01:00 PM
Does anyone know the name of an old Nvidia game.

It was a futuristic bike racing game, bundled with one of Nvidia's cards that came out in the 90's.
The bikes looked like they were modelled on Tron lightcycles, and one raced other bikes on a very curvy, futuristic track- it was a great way to show off the card's performance at the time.
I remember speed power ups.

Oh - the start menu was a circular one - where you selected biker/track.

Thanks for any help

Headbust
07-03-04, 01:09 PM
excitebike

jAkUp
07-03-04, 01:15 PM
I know im probably wrong here.. but motoracer? Do you remember who the developer was?

Axa
07-03-04, 01:52 PM
I know im probably wrong here.. but motoracer? Do you remember who the developer was?

Unfortunately not. It was not Moto Racer tho.

Smokey
07-03-04, 03:05 PM
One game that got me thinking, although not in the 90's, was for the GF3, and was called Ballistics (http://www.nvidia.com/object/ballistics.html) , is that the one?

Morrow
07-03-04, 04:41 PM

Delphine Software was the developer of Motoracer and it was a glide-only game. One of the first games I played on my Voodoo 1... fun as hell

ragejg
07-03-04, 04:49 PM
Heh, Ballistics.... wasn't that the first game to use PS/VS 1.1?

Edge
07-03-04, 04:50 PM
Huh, that Ballistics game actually looks pretty nice for being a few years old. Is there anywhere to download it, or is it like a retail game? Don't think it's what the topic creator is looking for though, since it was released only a few years ago. Hmm, I donno...the only game I can think of right now is DethKarz, but I doubt that's it (just doesn't seem to fit with the description). Hmm, this is a hard one...do you have any idea what card it came with? Or about what year it was released?

Smokey
07-03-04, 07:18 PM
Huh, that Ballistics game actually looks pretty nice for being a few years old. Is there anywhere to download it, or is it like a retail game? Don't think it's what the topic creator is looking for though, since it was released only a few years ago. Hmm, I donno...the only game I can think of right now is DethKarz, but I doubt that's it (just doesn't seem to fit with the description). Hmm, this is a hard one...do you have any idea what card it came with? Or about what year it was released?

You can dl the demo, its around 125mb. Do a search on google, I found a French server to dl from, took me awhole 7mins, but you would best finding a server closer to you I think.

I know Ballistics wasnt the game, after I tried the demo again :) But after searching again, the game I was thinking of was maybe DethKarz? And I also saw a review of another called S.C.A.R.S, any of those?

jAkUp
07-03-04, 07:50 PM
There was a game developed by psygnosis with motorcycles, and cars that flip upside down and keep driving... I cant remember the game though.. you go really fast, and blow up stuff :)

Axa
07-03-04, 08:20 PM
Yeah - that was Rollcage I and II.
Ah, I am going to try and find out which card it was.

Mullins1060
07-04-04, 01:52 AM
There was a game developed by psygnosis with motorcycles, and cars that flip upside down and keep driving... I cant remember the game though.. you go really fast, and blow up stuff :)

rollcage?

D.K.Tronics
07-04-04, 03:42 PM
How old ?

NV1 - Diamond Edge 3d card ? or Thompson STG2000 ? 1994 ?
NV2 - Was scrapped
NV3 - Riva 128 ? in 1997 ?
NV4 - TNT ? 1998 ?
NV5 - TNT 2 ? 1999 ?

I think NV1 only had about 3 or 4 games ? And those were Sega Saturn Games.

PenguinJim
07-04-04, 09:50 PM
Mine came bundled with Virtua Fighter Remix and Panzer Dragoon. Virtua Cop was also available for it, I think. (Haven't had a chance to install the card and play them yet! :))

Axa
07-05-04, 10:03 AM
How old ?

NV1 - Diamond Edge 3d card ? or Thompson STG2000 ? 1994 ?
NV2 - Was scrapped
NV3 - Riva 128 ? in 1997 ?
NV4 - TNT ? 1998 ?
NV5 - TNT 2 ? 1999 ?

Yeah - it was a Riva TNT
Only thing that might make it a bit difficult is that the card was purchased in South Africa. Hmm - I guess it should still be the same software, just imported

D.K.Tronics
07-05-04, 11:15 AM
(Haven't had a chance to install the card and play them yet! )

You mean, you've found one ? You lucky sod ;)
They're probably quite rare now.

Yeah - it was a Riva TNT

I had a quick google search, but could only find more common bundles.

Edit: Maybe "Extreme-G" ?

CaptNKILL
07-05-04, 01:41 PM
Yeah - it was a Riva TNT
Only thing that might make it a bit difficult is that the card was purchased in South Africa. Hmm - I guess it should still be the same software, just imported
Crap, my computer maintenance class had a Diamond TNT card with a motorcycle game bundled... what the heck was it.. lemme think...

Motocross? something like that...
does this fit the description:
Various tracks, some were dirt tracks and you drove dirt bikes, some are paved tracks and you drove crotch rockets(or whatever the real term is... i dont pay much attention to motorcycles).

EDIT: Found the game i was talking about... it was Motoracer.
http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,3/gameId,127/
take a look at the screenshots. I dont know what other game you would have played, maybe the screenshots will jog your memory. Also, its possible that you played Motoracer under a different name because it was sold in a different country.

Pafet
07-05-04, 03:50 PM
Maybe Scorcher? great futuristic hover bike... things

But I think it's older than even 3d accelerators so probably not...

Edge
07-05-04, 04:11 PM
Heh, I was thinking Scorcher, but for some reason it didn't seem right. Although now that I think about it that was an early Saturn port, so it would've made sense for it to be bundled with early Nvidia cards. Guess that could be it, do you remember if it had a "jump" button? I remember having that in Scorcher. Wouldn't call it a good way to measure a card's performance though, I *think* it's Software mode only.

Pafet
07-06-04, 09:46 AM
Sure it has jump!! IIRC you had limited jump and boost opstions which you refilled with powerups. I actually still have that game but it runs slow in 16-bit mode (!!!!!!!!!)

Well now you've done it, I'll have to install it now :D

Pafet
07-06-04, 01:48 PM
OMG I forgot how fun this game is :drooling:
it won't work on WinXP, only win98. and it's very smooth on 640x480 16b unlike I thought.

It was a saturn game also. music by "jesper kyd" (http://www.jesperkyd.com/)
rox!!

mikechai
07-06-04, 07:38 PM
Delphine Software was the developer of Motoracer and it was a glide-only game. One of the first games I played on my Voodoo 1... fun as hell

I'm sure Motoracer was not a glide-only game, I played it with a RIVA128 and it was great.

Edge
07-06-04, 08:03 PM
Yup, best part about the game is definatly the music. I'm a big fan of Kyd's work, he does some awesome stuff (especially the Freedom Fighters soundtrack). I actually ripped the Scorcher soundtrack for an FTP at gamingforce.com, seems that we're not the only ones that like the music ;) .

D.K.Tronics
07-07-04, 06:30 AM
I'm sure Motoracer was not a glide-only game, I played it with a RIVA128 and it was great.

It was also a D3D game, and a top game, at that. I still play it quite regularly.
I'm pretty sure the game he wants isn't Scorcher, as he said it was bundled with a Riva TNT card, which came out long after Scorcher.

Yup, best part about the game is definatly the music. I'm a big fan of Kyd's work, he does some awesome stuff (especially the Freedom Fighters soundtrack). I actually ripped the Scorcher soundtrack for an FTP at gamingforce.com, seems that we're not the only ones that like the music

His music has always been fantastic, especially in the Amiga days.
My current favourite is his Hitman 2 soundtrack, as well as the excellent Freedom Fighters.

Pafet
07-07-04, 08:59 AM
Well, I ripped the MDK2 music and currently d/l "Batman & Robin' music (excellent game for the genesis). This guy is giving roms of those games and music files on his site!! :cool:

Other games I can think of:
POD, Wipeout, S.C.A.R.S, Killer Loop, Powerdlide...