PDA

View Full Version : Epic games is quickly losing my respect...

Intel17
07-03-04, 09:33 PM
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=55942

The Unreal engine 3 game may be released on freakin consoles and not PC. This blows. and if Epic does do that, I will never buy another Epic Game ever.

Oh and by the way, i've changed my stance on Far cry v.s. UT2004...Far Cry all the way!! Dont buy crappy epic games if they do this to us PC users.

ragejg
07-03-04, 09:39 PM
Circumvention of swear filter. With the F Bomb no less. Not cool. Edit your post please.

ragejg
07-03-04, 09:40 PM
I do feel your pain though.

Intel17
07-03-04, 09:41 PM
Ok, Edited, sorry man, it just pisses me off when I see this happening.

At least we have Valve and id, and Crytek (yes, crytek) to give us quality PC gaming which was designed for PC not a sloppy second thought console port

MikeC
07-03-04, 10:04 PM

The Unreal engine 3 game may be released on freakin consoles and not PC. This blows.

Are you sure? Tim Sweeney's first response in that interview was:

"But the first Unreal 3 engine game is planned for early 2006. There's a combination of next generation PC games and next generation console games in the works."

Intel17
07-03-04, 10:09 PM
I think he meant by other developers.

Well, there goes another good gaming company that is so greedy it alienates PC users that made it the company it is today.

Clay
07-03-04, 10:17 PM

The Unreal engine 3 game may be released on freakin consoles and not PC. This blows. Did you read the entire article?

Eurogamer: Will you ship on PC or next gen consoles?

Mark Rein: We don't know what platform we'll ship on first time, it's too early to say. The first game Epic is creating with this technology isn't in the Unreal franchise at all, so it's a little confusing, but this is Unreal Engine 3, the third generation Unreal engine. We have no current plans for Unreal 3, but eventually we'll do one. For sure we'll do another Unreal Tournament game, and we'll do it with this technology, but the big game we're making right now is a single-player-focused game in a totally new franchise, but it'll be a while before we can talk about it.This is a direct question with an indirect answer. However, there is no reason to believe that Epic will not release a game (using the Unreal 3 engine) for the PC platform based on this answer.

Intel17
07-03-04, 10:19 PM
I know they'll release an UE3 based game, but we wont get that cool SP only game, possibly. :(

Edge
07-03-04, 11:02 PM
Umm, huh? I'm confused...NOTHING in that article even INDICATED that that UE3 games would be released on consoles first (let alone exclusively), and secondly why in the hell are you getting mad at Epic? They aren't the ones who decide what platform to put the games on, they just lisence the engine. Why don't you blame Epic for the Unreal engine-based Splinter Cell coming out for consoles first while you're at it, or ID for allowing the console ports of their games to have features the PC versions don't have? For that matter, I believe Crytek is working on a console version of Farcry with exclusive features...

And you might want to avoid using the "developers should stick to the platform that made them what they are" argument, otherwise companies like Blizzard would've made all their games console-exclusive.

Sheesh, talk about blowing a story out of proportion. Not to mention this doesn't affect YOU in any way: how does a console version of an engine take something away from you, an apperently PC-only owner. Seems like you made this thread just to complain about console games. In fact, you remind me of Dr.FX...

Clay
07-03-04, 11:10 PM
Ok, that's a wrap on this puppy.