PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy shows BFG 6800 Ultra as on Sale, but Out of Stock

Pages : [1] 2

DeathAdder
07-04-04, 04:22 AM
If you guys preordered your card from Best Buy, I would call them up to change the price for your card. It shows the card as for Sale: $449.99, but it is Out of Stock. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?j=1&id=1083712380517&skuId=6684643&type=product

EDIT: I just called them and he gave me a hard time. Said he couldn't change it. He would need to cancel the order to change it, but he couldn't place the order again since it was sold out. He also says that he doesn't know when the BFG's will come in stock. He did say if it shipped out, it would reflect the Sale price if it is still on Sale.

kahloq
07-04-04, 08:11 AM
I took screenshot so I got proof :) Hopefully mine will shipout tues. and if doesnt show the sale price, Im gonna start pissing a bitch.

GlowStick
07-04-04, 10:49 AM
Wow great find, im gonna try to call and get my order changed!

0rk.p0rk
07-04-04, 11:06 AM
God damn out of stock bull**** :(

combat_wombat
07-04-04, 11:19 AM
I wish I could charge for a bunch of non-existent stuff. BB is a bunch of crooks

danmulv
07-04-04, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the great info. UPS has my card and I'll receive it on Wednesday. I just called Best Buy and spoke with a very nice and helpful woman who told the print off the receipt and take into my local BB and they will refund me the $50. You sure can't beat that - a 6800 Ultra for 449.99. Hopefully, they get some more cards in so some of you guys can take advantage of it.

Headbust
07-04-04, 01:56 PM
best buy says they honor any prices of there own that are lower than the pre-ordered already.

If you ordered a GT for $399 you should be getting it for $349 since a new preorder price has been introduced(even if it is for one day only, they state this in there TOA)

If you dont you should smack em

kahloq
07-04-04, 02:15 PM
I wish I could charge for a bunch of non-existent stuff. BB is a bunch of crooks

BB does NOT charge your cedit card until the item ships so your statement lacks any validity. They DO however, post pre-authorizations usually once a week. There is a 100% difference.

revbatboy
07-04-04, 04:29 PM
I sent them an e-mail to lower my price

JayrodTremonki
07-04-04, 04:55 PM
Good find. Just don't put up with too much sh*t from BB, since there is tax which makes the savings ~$15 over the people who don't. Still good tho.

MrSavoy
07-04-04, 05:38 PM
Ok I just called BB CS and the only way I could change my GT order from 400 to 360 was for her to manually cancel my old order and place a new one with the new price, which is exactly what she did. I got the confimation emails with the cancellation and the new order immediately. On the new order I'm still showing as 7/7 as the ship date so I assume this is still gonna come out of the same batch at the warehouse as my old order. She wasnt able to confirm this but on the site they still show the same ship date for the preorders on the GT. So I am still hoping for a 7/7 ship date which is this wednesday!! YAY!! :lol2:

Jedi Rainman
07-04-04, 06:07 PM
My 6800 Ultra OC will be here tuesday and hopefully I can get that changed!

danmulv
07-05-04, 01:36 AM
Thanks for the great info. UPS has my card and I'll receive it on Wednesday. I just called Best Buy and spoke with a very nice and helpful woman who told the print off the receipt and take into my local BB and they will refund me the $50. You sure can't beat that - a 6800 Ultra for 449.99. Hopefully, they get some more cards in so some of you guys can take advantage of it.

I guess I celebrated a bit too soon. I went into my local BB per online customer service to get the $50 refund. Well, they told me they couldn't do it, so I had them call the online people and the guy said that the person who spoke with me misinformed me and that they will not price match their own website (now that makes a whole lot of sense). He said I would have to send my card back and then re-order. Total B.S. I asked to speak with his supervisor and the drone said the same thing. So, tomorrow I'm going to call BB headquarters and try to get through to Dick Schulze, the CEO. I probably won't be able to speak with him but I should get some sort of decision maker who is able to override their current (ridiculous) policy. What doesn't make sense to me is that they would be willing to eat the cost of shipping rather than just make the adjustment on the price over the phone. Plus, they could potentially lose the sale. My opinion of Best Buy just dropped considerably.

sonyman
07-05-04, 01:39 AM
I guess I celebrated a bit too soon. I went into my local BB per online customer service to get the $50 refund. Well, they told me they couldn't do it, so I had them call the online people and the guy said that the person who spoke with me misinformed me and that they will not price match their own website (now that makes a whole lot of sense). He said I would have to send my card back and then re-order. Total B.S. I asked to speak with his supervisor and the drone said the same thing. So, tomorrow I'm going to call BB headquarters and try to get through to Dick Schulze, the CEO. I probably won't be able to speak with him but I should get some sort of decision maker who is able to override their current (ridiculous) policy. What doesn't make sense to me is that they would be willing to eat the cost of shipping rather than just make the adjustment on the price over the phone. Plus, they could potentially lose the sale. My opinion of Best Buy just dropped considerably.
BestBuy.com and Best Buy retail stores are two different, distinct companies.

Scott

Vagrant Zero
07-05-04, 01:45 AM
Tough ****ing cookies. They have the same name. Circuit City would have matched it.

sonyman
07-05-04, 01:47 AM
Tough ****ing cookies. They have the same name. Circuit City would have matched it.
Go back to [H]ard|Forum you party pooper! lol

Scott

Vagrant Zero
07-05-04, 01:54 AM
Dear Adam:

Your backorder has been extended for 30 days. Your account will not be charged for any item until it ships.

Item details are listed below.

We apologize for any inconvenience. If you would like to cancel this item from your order or if you have any questions, call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

Thank You.
Best Buy Customer Care
----------------------

ARG!

I'm getting desperate enough to hit up ebay.

GlowStick
07-05-04, 11:22 AM
Dear Adam:

Your backorder has been extended for 30 days. Your account will not be charged for any item until it ships.

Item details are listed below.

We apologize for any inconvenience. If you would like to cancel this item from your order or if you have any questions, call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

Thank You.
Best Buy Customer Care
----------------------

ARG!

I'm getting desperate enough to hit up ebay.
Arg, you got an email for 30 days???! Mine was for 25 so i guess they are upping it.. : (

nippyjun
07-05-04, 11:29 AM
I called them to price adjust but they said they can't and won't do it.

kahloq
07-05-04, 12:18 PM
Take the receipt to local BB after you get it. Have screenshot of the sale.

nippyjun
07-05-04, 12:21 PM
Take the receipt to local BB after you get it. Have screenshot of the sale.

I guess it's worth a try.

brentsg
07-05-04, 12:22 PM
I also called and they have really screwed the pooch on this one. The had a ton of backlogged orders waiting for stock availability. They won't allow anyone else to order online because of the backlog. ie, you can't take advantage of the sale price.

I had one of the first preorders, and I selected "overnight" shipping. My card has shipped, but it has not yet been delivered.

Best Buy charged me full price, and they will NOT honor their sale. I can return the item to the store for a full refund, but I cannot reorder it because the webite won't allow it because of the backlog of orders. I also can't go into the store to price match because the in-store price is higher than the website and they won't match the website because they are "sold out". (according to the phone rep)

The customer service person on the phone would not even let me speak to a supervisor.

Anyone else see a huge problem with this?

B

kahloq
07-05-04, 01:39 PM
Dont talk to the phone rep jsut take the receipt to local BEST BUY and get try get 50 credit

Vagrant Zero
07-05-04, 01:43 PM
Or take a gallon of gasoline and set the place ablaze. Your choice.

kahloq
07-05-04, 01:45 PM
even if you cant get the $50 credit, YOU WILL STILL have the card :) unlike alot of ppl yet