PDA

View Full Version : BFG 6800GT $359.99 from BB (if u dont mind waiting)

Ruined
07-04-04, 09:54 AM
Avail for preorder...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1083712392168&skuId=6684652&type=product

randsom
07-04-04, 10:00 AM
Avail for preorder...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1083712392168&skuId=6684652&type=product

Ive got preordered at 299.99 and have been dicked around since the word go,
but its nice to see it on sale again, so someone else gets a good deal

they must have be expecting or have recieved a huge shipment to put it on sale again, maybe itll actually ship on tuesday.

Ruined
07-04-04, 10:00 AM
Ive got preordered at 299.99 and have been dicked around since the word go,
but its nice to see it on sale again, so someone else gets a good deal

they must have be expecting or have recieved a huge shipment to put it on sale again

Heh either that or lots of the ppl who preordered at 399 (I recommended tons on various websites to) cancelled and ordered from Fry's or CompUPlus instead :)

randsom
07-04-04, 10:08 AM
Heh either that or lots of the ppl who preordered at 399 (I recommended tons on various websites to) cancelled and ordered from Fry's or CompUPlus instead :)

im sure that there was alot of that.

Bestbuy + B.F.G= Idiocy

im telling ya that B.F.G guy said on the [H] forums, all the preorders on the ultra and the gt were covered as of the 28th of june.That gy ws obviously lying his ass off.

Ruined
07-04-04, 10:12 AM
im sure that there was alot of that.

Bestbuy + B.F.G= Idiocy

im telling ya that B.F.G guy said on the [H] forums, all the preorders on the ultra and the gt were covered as of the 28th of june.That gy ws obviously lying his ass off.

I doubt it. Probably just Best Buy's corporate slowness.

A good example is Circuit City. It always takes them 1 to 1.5 weeks after the release date of a game to actually get it in stock.

I assume BB got the **** last week and has been dicking around with it (packing it, shipping it to various DCs, counting it, etc)

You can't really complain too much tho.

When you preordered, the date it said for the Ultra was 6/28 - 7/5 and the date for the GT was 7/1-7/7 iirc.

randsom
07-04-04, 10:17 AM
I doubt it. Probably just Best Buy's corporate slowness.

A good example is Circuit City. It always takes them 1 to 1.5 weeks after the release date of a game to actually get it in stock.

I assume BB got the **** last week and has been dicking around with it (packing it, shipping it to various DCs, counting it, etc)

You can't really complain too much tho.

When you preordered, the date it said for the Ultra was 6/28 - 7/5 and the date for the GT was 7/1-7/7 iirc.

im sure your right.

the thing that irratates me the most, is the misinformation, not the delay, and can handle waiting a week or to get the deal, but i cant stand the conflicting or the miscommunication that obviously going on betwwen us, bb and bfg, that what pisses me off.just really poor business practices.

Ruined
07-04-04, 10:21 AM
im sure your right.

the thing that irratates me the most, is the misinformation, not the delay, and can handle waiting a week or to get the deal, but i cant stand the conflicting or the miscommunication that obviously going on betwwen us, bb and bfg, that what pisses me off.just really poor business practices.

Though it was nice of them, it was probably in both BFG and Best Buy's best interests for BFG not to open their mouth unless they *knew* for a fact that BB was going to be able to deliver on their end. Now ppl are questioning BFG and think BB is incompetant. If BFG guy didnt say anything about the date, we'd just assume the shipment was delayed.

I want my 6800gt... but not bad enuf to cancel the 299 order ;)

randsom
07-04-04, 10:23 AM
Though it was nice of them, it was probably in both BFG and Best Buy's best interests for BFG not to open their mouth unless they *knew* for a fact that BB was going to be able to deliver on their end. Now ppl are questioning BFG and think BB is incompetant. If BFG guy didnt say anything about the date, we'd just assume the shipment was delayed.

I want my 6800gt... but not bad enuf to cancel the 299 order ;)

exactly, very well said.

gsgrunt
07-04-04, 10:40 AM
In my 20+ years of bouncing from job to job company to company I have come to the belief that marketing is a combination of some base truth, plus a lot of misdirection and stretching the truth, and when the potential for backfire is low, flat out lying.
In crude terms marketing is synonymous with deceit. That’s why there are a lot of women in marketing departments. They are naturals (j/k :angel: )
That means by inference, the guy on the HardForums was VP of deceit. I chose not to believe him.

[Edit spelling]

ds48040
07-04-04, 10:41 AM
Dont buy this from them - print it out and use it to pricematch other vendors that actually do stock the card (most will).

BB + Gateway = Suckage

randsom
07-04-04, 10:46 AM
In my 20+ years of bouncing form job to job company to company I have come to the belief that marketing is a combination of some base truth, plus a lot of misdirection and stretching the truth, and when the potential for backfire is low, flat out lying.
In crude terms marketing is synonymous with deceit. That’s why there are a lot of women in marketing departments. They are naturals (j/k :angel: )
That means by inference, the guy on the HardForums was VP of deceit. I chose not to believe him.

i really didnt either, infact i got alot of flack over on the [H] for questioning that guys statements, thing just didnt add up

sirplayalot
07-04-04, 11:01 AM
Does this GT do SM3.0 and PS3.0?

randsom
07-04-04, 11:04 AM
Does this GT do SM3.0 and PS3.0?

yes it does.

the only difference betwen the ultra and the gt is clockspeed on the gpu and the memory.

Nostromo40
07-04-04, 11:09 AM
Does fry's pricematch?

randsom
07-04-04, 11:11 AM
Does fry's pricematch?

no.

I hate fry's.

my frys horror story.

i bought a t-bird 1.2 ghz oem from them, got it home, proceeded to install in my kk266, got it all in and it wouldnt boot screwed around with it awhile,never got it post, so i took it out of the kk266 and tried it in my kr7, still a no go.

so i took it back the same day, they tested it and it wouldnt boot either, so they take it out, and when they do they crack the thing in half, the tech guy tells me that i had cracked it on install( no possible way i did that) and they wont replace it, so i throw a big hairy fit, and continue to do so until the g.m gets involved, he says, well i am not sure who to believe, so this is what were going to do, since i couldnt prove the cpu was doa, and they couldnt prove it wasnt, they would replace it with a 1.0 ghz for the same price, since the 1.2s were all gone. i said absloutly no way, and left.

i disputed the charge with cc company,i filed a b.b.b complaint and wrote a letter to there corparate h.qs, about 2 weeks later, i get a call from the frys h.q saying that theyll refund my money for the cpu, theyll send me a check out immedialty, took em 1 month to get me the check, and there was a lousy 5% discount on my next purchase. I tore that up, and havent stepped in a frys since.

bad , bad company

sirplayalot
07-04-04, 11:17 AM
What would be the better buy?

BFG 6800 Ultra OC for $450
BFG 6800 GT OC for $350

Savage101
07-04-04, 11:18 AM
Best Buy honored both my GT and Ultra Preorders with the new July 4th prices. Made it worth waiting a little longer for me
Thx

Nostromo40
07-04-04, 11:49 AM
Just thought of something. Won't those of us who ordered already be able to bring
the receipt to a local best buy and get the difference back?

Savage101
07-04-04, 12:10 PM
If its still on preorder it'd be best to call them up. If you have already received it I'm not sure. But they are cool on the phone, they gave me no probs and adjusted the prices with no second questions. I ordered on the june 20th btw

anzak
07-04-04, 01:55 PM
Damn it, I missed out on this deal also. I'll just be happy if my card ships on Tuesday as planned.

kahloq
07-04-04, 03:24 PM
Best Buy has a 30 day price guarentee in their policies. If you buy something from them and within 30 days, the price is lower(even if its a sale) they will refund the difference. If however, you buy(preorder) AFTER a sale, no such luck as you MISSED the sale. Anyone that has their cards already in shipment just needs to take the receipt to a locak best buy or call them up and you'll get the difference credited to you.

Savage101
07-04-04, 04:42 PM
Yeah, BestBuy is excellent with that. They made me very happy today..

sonyman
07-04-04, 05:06 PM
BestBuy.com is a different company from Best Buy retail stores. I just called and they wouldn't credit my account for the difference. My card shipped out on Friday. Can anyone say F***?

Scott