PDA

View Full Version : Latest Bestbuy email and a question

mikev123
07-04-04, 10:16 AM
I received this happy email this morning. I preordered on 6/20.

Item Information
July 04, 2004
Order Number: BBY01-419xxxxxxxx

Dear Michael:

The item listed below is not yet available to be shipped. We expect to ship it to you in the next 25 days.

If you wish to cancel this order or have questions, call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

Item details are listed below.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank You.
Best Buy Customer Care

Order Date: 06/20/2004
Order Number: BBY01-419xxxxxxxx

Qty 1

Product Description

BFG Technologies-GeForce 6800 Ultra OC 256MB AGP Graphics Card-BFGR68256U

View complete order details in Your Account.

I’m not holding my breath anymore. I have a feeling the rest of my system might bottleneck an Ultra anyway but being I do like to game at 1600x1200 so I thought that it might help a bit there.

My system specs are:

AMD Mobile 2600 overclocked to 2.5
Visiontek Ti 4400 (you see my motivation!)
Abit NF7-S ver. 2.0
1 gig of Mushkin “222” Ram
2 Western digital Raptors in raid 0
Antec True550 PS

Should I just forget about the Ultra and go for a GT? Being the next system I build will probably have a PCI express motherboard and whatever I buy now will wind up on EBay anyway is it worth waiting??

Thanks in advance!

Raptorman
07-04-04, 10:20 AM
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31039

Get it all explained there. And wait til Tuesday to see if your card ships.

lognoronon
07-04-04, 10:22 AM
I am through dealing with this crap from best buy since I got the same email. I already ordered a gt and the gt's seem to be a lot more common and maybe if I'm lucky I can atleast hit 400/1000 with it. Either way I figured I would save some money and my cpu is a bottleneck anyway so I said what the hell.

Ruined
07-04-04, 10:23 AM
If you don't get a card by the end of Tuesday shipped, cancel and order the 6800GT. It can ge OC'd to Ultra speeds anyway. Even if you don't OC its virtually the same speed, and anyplace the GT chokes the Ultra will choke just as hard, since they are the same architecture with minor clockspeed differences.

You can get an eVGA 6800GT for $399 from evga.com right now with free farcry if u go that route.

P.S. - with your CPU you will likely see little to no difference in speed between the GT and Ultra.

mikev123
07-04-04, 10:25 AM
Thanks I appreciate that and being that I’m no longer am seeing a “pre authorization” on my credit card I’m just not getting a good feeling about this! I’m not up for another month wait.

Ruined
07-04-04, 10:26 AM
buy this then heh
http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?Part_Number=256-A8-N344-AX

revbatboy
07-04-04, 10:27 AM
Does evga do Overnight shipping? They have the GT in stock plus I would get farcry for free. and if I wanted I could always do the step up program. Much better than dealing with Best Buys crap they will never get another cent from me. Why would they send an E-mail to me on the first saying it will ship on the second and then it doesent.

Ruined
07-04-04, 10:28 AM
Does evga do Overnight shipping? They have the GT in stock plus I would get farcry for free. and if I wanted I could always do the step up program. Much better than dealing with Best Buys crap they will never get another cent from me. Why would they send an E-mail to me on the first saying it will ship on the second and then it doesent.

Yes they do overnight IIRC but they will not be able to ship until July 6th due to the holiday weekend, so earliest you will get your card is 7/7. ALso i've read if you don't order really early sometimes evga does not ship until the day after you've placed your order.

From eVGA:
Please select from the following shipping options*:
Ground ($12.00)
Three Day Select ($16.00)
Second Day Air ($20.00)
Second Day Air AM ($22.00)
Next Day Air Saver ($40.00)
Next Day Air ($42.00)

I'd go with 2nd day (2nd day will get you the card by thurs or fri of this week). next day is kinda expensive.

mikev123
07-04-04, 10:32 AM
That’s a good deal but being I already have Far Cry (and believe it or not it’s actually “playable” on my system now at 1600x1200!) I figured I’d go for the BFG, gotta love that warranty!

Ruined
07-04-04, 10:35 AM
That’s a good deal but being I already have Far Cry (and believe it or not it’s actually “playable” on my system now at 1600x1200!) I figured I’d go for the BFG, gotta love that warranty!

If there are any Fry's retail stores near you, you might want to check them as they apparently got some 6800GTs (And even 6800U) cards in stock on sat.

Otherwise, only place with the bfg model instock online is charging $425:
http://www.compuplus.com/insidepage.php3?refer=pricewatch.com&id=1002558

revbatboy
07-04-04, 10:35 AM
Well I have a friends copy of Farcry now and I was planing on buying it anyway because I love the game. So EVGA here I come.

Im in WV, Unfortunatly we don't have any Fry's in this area.

Hmmmmm. BFG for 425 with liftime warrenty or EVGA for $399 with stepup program and free farcry. Now I dont know what to get. :(

randsom
07-04-04, 10:41 AM
get what evers instock now, i think when this first shipment dries up itll be 2 to 3 weeks before anymore show up

revbatboy
07-04-04, 10:42 AM
Both are in stock. Prob. my best bet is go with EVGA its $25.00 cheaper and since I was going to buy Farcry that saves me another $40.00. EVGA = $65.00 savings(For me)

mikev123
07-04-04, 10:48 AM
Yep, I’m in NY so no Fry’s for me either. Regardless that GT is looking better and better every minute! I’d be up for a ride today if I could find somewhere somewhat locally that actually had one in stock!

lognoronon
07-04-04, 06:34 PM
I ordered a gt from compuplus and even though it's $25 above msrp I don't pay any tax so it evens itself out. I ordered the fastest delivery they have so hopefully I have it by the end of wed.

MrSavoy
07-04-04, 06:50 PM
I keep seeing everyone saying their cpu's a bottleneck with these cards and blah blah. So I'm figuring my cpu will be also. My question is this, what cpu out atm would these cards not be a bottle neck for? Would P4 EE still bottleneck? An athlon 64 3000? Or only say a athlon 64 fx wouldnt bottleneck? I was gonna prolyl upgrade my cpu maybe to a barton 3200 soon just cause they are so cheap now and my MB can take the cpu but I wonder if its even worth it since it will still prolly be a botteneck? Would I see much of a performance difference going from my chip to the 3200?

Blacklash
07-04-04, 07:02 PM
I am wondering how many of us that are getting the run around ALSO had the 299 deal.

MrSavoy
07-04-04, 07:30 PM
Heh you know what thats a good question. That would truly be messed up if all you guys that got in on that 299 deal are the ones they are delaying with these emails. I just reordered my GT OC today to take advantage of the lower price from BB and my ship date shows the same as it did with my orignal order which was placed on 6/16. Ship date 7/7.

Ruined
07-04-04, 07:42 PM
new email:

Item Information
July 04, 2004
Order Number:

Dear:

The item listed below is not yet available to be shipped. We expect to ship it to you by... Ah who the hell knows. It's the 4th of July, go have a beer and we'll ship it sometime in the next month.

We apologize for any inconvenience. If you would like to cancel this item from your order or have any questions, call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

Thank You.
Best Buy Customer Care

Raptorman
07-04-04, 10:28 PM
new email:

Item Information
July 04, 2004
Order Number:

Dear:

The item listed below is not yet available to be shipped. We expect to ship it to you by... Ah who the hell knows. It's the 4th of July, go have a beer and we'll ship it sometime in the next month.

We apologize for any inconvenience. If you would like to cancel this item from your order or have any questions, call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

Thank You.
Best Buy Customer Care

LMMFAO! :lol2:

Everyone at Best Buy -------> :alc:

randsom
07-04-04, 10:37 PM
LMMFAO! :lol2:

Everyone at Best Buy -------> :alc:

for real

Raptorman
07-04-04, 10:45 PM
I'm still bent on going on the shooting spree if mine doesn't ship Tuesday. Maybe it has already and they havn't updated my order online, like that rep said. But if not, time to kill.

:rw:

:kill: (Hello! Welcome to Best Buy!)