PDA

View Full Version : Letters in 2d are fuzzy, like an electrical charge going through them.

Templar
07-05-04, 10:39 AM
hi guyz.

On my GF6800 Ultra small letters sometimes "dance" a little bit. There's this fuzzyness that comes over them making them "move" or "dance". Like there's some charge going through them or something.

I'm using 61.71 and a Mitsubishi Diamontron SB230 monitor at 1600*1200*32bits at 85Hz.

Most of the time tho the 2d is very clear and sharp.

Lastly, I'm using the DVI > VGA adpater on DVI port close to the TV out. Not sure if that's DVI 1 or 2.

Any one have a clue?

Simon

xgwar
07-05-04, 10:59 AM
You know what..i started getting that also..it looks like the letters are in 3d sorta..i dont know if it will work 4 you,but, i slightly tapped the side of my monitor"close to the screen" and it went away..its funny though, it comes back sometimes,so i just hit the side of my monitor and it goes away for the time being..i bet its my monitor going out though..hehe oh btw,im using a straight dvi to dvi connect..

Templar
07-05-04, 11:11 AM
Well I'm trying the other DVI port now. Just booted and it's sharp as a razor.. Hope this fuzzyness won't return. I have a CRT monitor btw. so I'm pretty sure it's the vidcard. I just got it last Friday, never had this before on my older Radeon.

Simon

Templar
07-06-04, 10:25 AM
Ok so far this has not happened when I'm using the second DVI port. Might be useful for some people to read this so I'm posting my "fix".
Some one might do a search like 6 monnths from about this problem.

Simon

Templar
07-24-04, 05:33 AM
Guyz.. this problem has come again now. Every now and then it's like letters become fuzzy and "dance" around a little bit.
Has any one ever seen this or had this problem. Could this be due to the DVI to VGA adapter or is the board faulty?

Simon

Wild_Bill
07-24-04, 06:20 AM
Guyz.. this problem has come again now. Every now and then it's like letters become fuzzy and "dance" around a little bit.
Has any one ever seen this or had this problem. Could this be due to the DVI to VGA adapter or is the board faulty?

Simon

I had a simular issue.
Does your monitor settings have a zoom function?
If so, compress the size of your display till you have about 1 inch boarder all round, then use the zoom function to bring the size back to fill the monitor dislpay (if you know what I mean) - This sorted the issue on my 22 inch IIyama VM Pro 514 ;)

Good Luck

Bill.

whiskeychaser
07-24-04, 08:19 AM
I thought my old monitor or eyes were to blame. Thanks for saving me a trip to the eye doctor!

Headbust
07-24-04, 09:08 AM
using 2xQ AA will cause this on the desktop

Templar
07-24-04, 09:19 AM
Thanks Wild_Bill for your reply.. Going to try exactly what you proposed.

Will report back.

Simon

Templar
07-24-04, 09:26 AM
Bill: Should I compress the image in the NV drivers and the use the monitor hardware zoom to enlarge the desktop again?

Simon

Wild_Bill
07-24-04, 10:43 AM
Bill: Should I compress the image in the NV drivers and the use the monitor hardware zoom to enlarge the desktop again?

Simon

No, just use the monitor controls to make the horizontal & vertical size smaller - then use zoom the get the size back. There is a technical term why this fuzziness occurs (cannot say it let alone spell it - lol) and its to do with frequency interference - zooming the monitor moves the frequency and clears the Moire type effect you are seeing ;)

edit - typo

Templar
07-24-04, 11:29 AM
Thanks Bill for sharing your knowledge on this..

Going to see what I can do now..

Simon