PDA

View Full Version : TFT response time

Jon
07-05-04, 01:36 PM
I'm thinking of making the transition from CRT to TFT monitor. From experience, which do you guys think is best for gaming:

A 19" tft with 25ms response time or
A 17" tft with 12ms response time.

If I go 19", I was thinking of going for the Iiyama ProLite E481S if anyone has one and has opinions on it.

Thanks.

eL_PuSHeR
07-05-04, 01:40 PM
The common rule of thumb is that the lower the better. However, it all depends on you. Some people tends to notice ghosting effect more than others.

GuyClinch
07-05-04, 11:16 PM
12 is likely much better. I find 16ms is okay..for most games like the NEC/Hitachi screens. I have fooled around with some 25ms screens and you can see some ghosting. If your into games I don't see why you would get one of those.

Pete

Jon
07-06-04, 01:57 AM
Basically, I'm in the process of moving my computer into the living room. The computer is hidden, all the devices wireless. But the monitor will be about 3-4m away. It'll be used mainly for games anyway... possibly to watch tv sometimes. But because of the distance it is away, thats why I was tempted to go 19".

Do you think the ghosting will be a problem from this distance?

Rampant CL
07-06-04, 03:26 AM
AFAIK some tfts with 16ms and below actually cant display all the colours correctly, i'd pull up some more info but kinda busy, so you may want to check up on that first if you plan to watch a lot of movies, since thats where youd notice it.

Riptide
07-06-04, 08:52 AM
16ms is a good minimum IMO, though 25ms is bearable for some people. Rampant CL is right about some 16ms displays having a lower palette so I would be careful about your choice there. Not all of them are like that any more though, I know my display is 16ms yet is true 24bit.