PDA

View Full Version : BFG 6800 GT game problems anyone?

Pantherman
07-05-04, 06:13 PM
I've had this BFG 6800 GT for about a week now. SO far, I've been having problems with older games like Comanche 4 and Mafia. I fixed the problems with Mafia by installing the patch. No more corrupted graphics. I applied a patch to Comanche and it ran for a few seconds but then the screen had small lines over it and the game crashed. 3DMark 2001SE gets some texture flickering in the first two demos but then the rest of the benchmark looks O.K. Sometimes it just freezes. Most other games like Thief and Far Cry work well. Anyone else having problems. I'm hoping it's just the new architecture and not my boderline 300W power supply.

Banko
07-05-04, 06:16 PM
Er didn't you post this already? lol. Anyways go get an Aspire 520W good cheap psu and I'm using it.

Pantherman
07-05-04, 07:15 PM
I'm not so sure my PS is the problem here. I play Far Cry for over 30 minutes with NO PROBLEMS. The same for my other, newer games. I think the problem rests with the older games.

Arioch
07-05-04, 07:19 PM
Do you have some program where you can underclock your card slightly? It may be a overheating issue.

Pantherman
07-05-04, 08:35 PM
I underclocked my BFG card to the default settings for the 6800 GT, and it works fine. The only things that are causing problems so far are 3DMark 2001SE and Comanche 4. Of course, my system is quite underpowered, but that's another deal.

sonyman
07-05-04, 09:17 PM
Of course, my system is quite underpowered, but that's another deal.
Not really...

Scott