PDA

View Full Version : BESTBUY says NO GT's to ship!

Pages : [1] 2 3

digitaljaguar38
07-05-04, 06:14 PM
I just got done talking to a BESTBUY SALES REP they said there are no 6800 GT's in the warehouse to ship out! They said they have not heard anything from BFG on when and why they havent gotten the GT's yet!

Vapor Trail
07-05-04, 06:47 PM
confirmed. I just called and they said the same thing. The system still shows a 7/6 shipping date for my order but he didn't think it would be met because there were none showing up in house and he had no date as to when they would arrive.

This sucks. :(

Looks like I'm going shopping elsewhere this week. Unless I hear something different tomorrow.

digitaljaguar38
07-05-04, 06:57 PM
Yes same thing here if I dont have a tracking number tommarow then I will go somewere else simple as that! TY BB for srewing us around! :bash:

sonyman
07-05-04, 06:58 PM
What I find to be most ironic about the whole Best Buy GT fiasco is that the BFG guy said that the 6800 GTs had begun shipping to Best Buy BEFORE the Ultras did yet my Ultra shipped out on Friday and the GTs are nowhere to be seen...

Scott

digitaljaguar38
07-05-04, 07:02 PM
I know I thought the GT's shipped before the ultras! I did call BFG to see if they ever did send the gts out to BB and the guy I talked to said he doesnt know the answer to that and that I would have to talk to a SUP to find that out and he said a SUP wont be in till tommarow! :screwy:

sonyman
07-05-04, 07:04 PM
I know I thought the GT's shipped before the ultras! I did call BFG to see if they ever did send the gts out to BB and the guy I talked to said he doesnt know the answer to that and that I would have to talk to a SUP to find that out and he said a SUP wont be in till tommarow! :screwy:
Ask to speak with Scott Herkelman.

Scott

digitaljaguar38
07-05-04, 07:29 PM
Ask to speak with Scott Herkelman.

Scott
TY will do

combat_wombat
07-05-04, 07:29 PM
I learned my lesson dealing with BB Online back when they mispriced Visiontek TI4600's, and they cancelled 1000's of orders. BB Online is not worthy of my business. Best of luck to you guys who've ordered from them, I hope you get your stuff soon.

Arioch
07-05-04, 07:31 PM
I got my X800 Pro online through them very early on but maybe I was the exception and not the rule.

saturnotaku
07-05-04, 08:06 PM
I learned my lesson dealing with BB Online back when they mispriced Visiontek TI4600's, and they cancelled 1000's of orders. BB Online is not worthy of my business. Best of luck to you guys who've ordered from them, I hope you get your stuff soon.

You're a complete dope if you thought for one second BB was going to let you get away with a $400 video card for the mis-priced $129. And BB was perfectly within its right to cancel those orders.

digitaljaguar38
07-05-04, 08:12 PM
You're a complete dope if you thought for one second BB was going to let you get away with a $400 video card for the mis-priced $129. And BB was perfectly within its right to cancel those orders.

I ordered my card at 399.99 it wasnt when it was miss priced! :retard:

kingmike
07-05-04, 08:16 PM
I agree, you will have to pay a realistic price. Best buy probabily has the cards , but are holding out till they put out the correct price. These cards are worth $400.00. I paid $418.00 shipped next day from evga and am very satified :)

Blacklash
07-05-04, 08:17 PM
I called BB and got the automated order checking thing and entered my number, according to it my card for 299usd will be ready for shipping or pick up tomorrow. We will see.

If not Evga here I come.

M.r Bob
07-05-04, 08:19 PM
guys cancel your BB Order and buy one from www.evga.com , I brought mine last Tuesday and I get it today, and it was 1 day holyday plus the weekend

Ruined
07-05-04, 08:20 PM
:wtf: >> :fu: >> (bur) >> :canadian: >> (crazy)

kingmike
07-05-04, 08:22 PM
BTW I would have ordered from BB for that price if I heard of it in time.
Saving money is a good thing :clap:

JayrodTremonki
07-05-04, 08:22 PM
umm...UPS doesn't ship today. Tommorow they do.

digitaljaguar38
07-05-04, 08:23 PM
umm...UPS doesn't ship today. Tommorow they do.

Duh (mag)

JayrodTremonki
07-05-04, 08:25 PM
guys cancel your BB Order and buy one from www.evga.com , I brought mine last Tuesday and I get it today, and it was 1 day holyday plus the weekend
sorry, forgot to include that...edit button so far away.

noko
07-05-04, 08:29 PM
What is the hurry? ;)

digitaljaguar38
07-05-04, 08:44 PM
What is the hurry? ;)

ur kidding right :bash:

noko
07-05-04, 08:52 PM
Just jiving, my finger nails are in much bad shape and some landed in my stomach. Just an old 3d addict I guess . . .

noko
07-05-04, 08:54 PM
Oh, my secret is to buy other items to pacify my main craving, should be getting another stick of HyperX tomorrow and if this deal seems to be much more delayed other goodies will probably be bought to the dismay of my wife.

digitaljaguar38
07-05-04, 08:57 PM
Oh, my secret is to buy other items to pacify my main craving, should be getting another stick of HyperX tomorrow and if this deal seems to be much more delayed other goodies will probably be bought to the dismay of my wife.

Good idea maybe I will get some new ram tommarow :clap:

gsgrunt
07-05-04, 09:18 PM
What is the hurry? ;)

I’m not in a big hurry but I don’t like being lied too.
I believe Scott Herkelman BFG VP of marketing lied too the people who read HardForums.

We really only have one recourse if we don’t like a company’s behavior: Don’t buy their products.

I have principles but, the sad thing is, they can be compromised by $$$. I will keep my $299 pre-order a week longer.

Next round I will avoid BFG (unless they are $100 less then their competitors again)